POSITION: District Athletic Director
LOCATION: Centennial High School
SALARY: $121,850 (2021-2022 Salary Schedule, 2022-2023 Salary Schedule Pending Negotiations)
CONTRACT DAYS: 225 Days Annually
OPENING DATE: Friday, May 13, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, May 31, 2022 at 4:30pm
START DATE: July 1, 2022
The Oregon Governor and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) have issued a state mandate due to COVID-19. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; proof of vaccination is required for employment
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT/S: The position of District Athletic Director is to provide for overall leadership and coordination among the various sports at all levels, and to facilitate programs that provide student athletes worthwhile learning experiences.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for administering all interscholastic policies, rules, and procedures, working within the confines of the rules and by-laws of the Oregon School Activities Association and Mt. Hood Conference, and district policies and procedures.
• Organize and administer the overall program of extracurricular athletics, both intramural and interscholastic, for the district.
• Provide leadership in the selection, assignment, and evaluation of athletic coaches and staff members.
• Responsible for all recommendations for the improvement of adequate facilities which shall be directed to the Superintendent for consideration and referral at his/her discretion.
• Foster positive school-community relations by establishing and maintaining working relationships with all community based athletic programs.
• Act as tournament manager for all league and tournament play-off activities that are assigned to the school district.
• Prepare and administer the athletic program budget.
• Supervise all ticket sales and fund-raising events connected with the athletic programs, and assume responsibility for proper handling and accounting of monies involved.
• Collaborate with the Principal, Activities Director, and coaches involved in scheduling all athletic assemblies and pep rallies.
• Coordinate with respective building principals regarding the use of all athletic facilities in the school district by school and community sports programs.
• Responsible for Title IX coordination and compliance in all athletic programs at all levels.
• Represent the district in all athletic business at league, conference, and state meetings.
• Recommend changes in athletic policies to the Superintendent, or designee, and building principals.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Find ways for supporting and financing the athletic program.
• Interview and recommend all coaching positions K-12.
• Maintain permanent records for each sport, medical examinations, insurance forms, parent consent forms, payments, etc.
• Supervise all radio and television broadcasts, as well as the public address system operation at the various games.
• Establish procedures for the training room at Centennial High School.
• Establish and enforce the physical and academic requirements of eligibility for participation in each sport and verify each athlete's eligibility.
• Supervise the cleaning, storage, and care of all athletic equipment.
• Administer the insurance program covering school athletes and assume responsibility for all processing of reports and claims.
• Responsible for game management at all home interscholastic contests.
• Plan, organize, and supervise all athletic awards programs with the head coach.
• Coordinate with the Supervisor of Maintenance, the repair and maintenance of all athletic fields.
• Attend and serve as school liaison at all booster club meetings.
• Assess interscholastic athletic programs.
• Supervise the district driver education and aquatic programs.
• Evaluate the coaching staff.
• Receive quotes for supplies, uniforms and equipment, assess such requests and approve appropriate orders.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience Required: Prior experience as an Athletic Director or at least five years successful experience as a varsity high school head coach.
• Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
* Skills to communicate and interface effectively with students, staff, parents and community. Strong leadership, problem solving and organizing skills.
* Knowledge of district policies, OSAA policies, MHC policies, curriculum, education code and athletics.
* Abilities to stand and walk for prolonged periods, perform a variety of specialized and responsible tasks, maintain records, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, other school personnel, meet schedules, and deadlines. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying, reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/accommodation/field of vision.
* Ability to speak a second language preferred.
• Licenses and/or Testing Required: Appropriate administrative license, valid driver's license and evidence of insurability, and Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 225 days per year. Salary to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to apply online through TalentEd Recruit & Hire (https://centennial.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx) with the following documents uploaded:
1) Letter of Interest;
2) Current Resume;
3) Three (3) Current Letters of Recommendation;
4) Unofficial Transcript(s) of undergrad/grad coursework. If employed, the candidate will be required to submit official transcripts in sealed envelopes from the institution(s);
5) Copy of Oregon Administrative License (or verification of process to obtain a TSPC Oregon license).
Centennial School District practices equal employment opportunity and treatment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran's status, genetic information, and disability if the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.