Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Work type: Administration
Location: Tillamook, OR
Categories: Administrative, Budgets/Grants/Contract Management
Department: Business Office
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $75,865.31 - $108,165.79
Compensation Band: Grade 28
FLSA Exempt: Yes
College and Area Information
Tillamook Bay Community College is located 85 miles west of Portland on the beautiful North Oregon Coast in Tillamook, Oregon; the county seat of Tillamook County. The County has a population of 26,000 and TBCC serves over 2,060 students per year.
TBCC strives for equity and is committed to hiring and retaining diverse and dedicated faculty and staff who lead the way in helping our students expand their knowledge and potential. The Chief Financial Officer is expected to be part of the campus community and participate in organized meetings, professional development and other opportunities as available.
Reports to the Vice President of Administration and College Relations.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will direct and oversee the financial activities of Tillamook Bay Community College (TBCC). They are responsible for forecasting the College’s financial standing based on financial and operational data and reports provided by the business office team and advising the President and board of education on strategic direction. The CFO adheres to accounting and financial reporting standards for state and local governments as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and advises the President on financial policy development and maintenance. The CFO is a member of the TBCC Leadership Team.
Term of Employment Position Open Until Filled
Annual: 1.0 FTE position; July 1 - June 30. Leave in accordance with current TBCC Policy 312 and corresponding regulations.
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Supervises Business Office staff currently 3 FTE. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Financial Grants Accountant.
• Budget preparation and management
• Annual Financial Audit
• Financial and investment analysis
• Policy development
• Capital construction financial oversight
• Directs the preparation of all financial statements and reports, including income statements, balance sheets, grant reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
• Ensures all reports are prepared and distributed on time and in compliance, including but not limited to, CCFIS Report, IPEDS financial report, and grant financial information.
• Oversees the preparation of the annual TBCC budget through adoption, property tax assessments, and conducts all public disclosure requirements in compliance with Oregon local budget law
• Compares budget revenue projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
• Processes Board Resolutions and budget transfers.
• Attends monthly board meetings and workshops and reports on the financial standings for the college.
• Provide leadership in developing service area outcomes, objectives, and performance of departmental planning, assessment, and improvement to contribute to mission fulfillment and accreditation requirements.
• Responsible for direct supervision of departmental staff, hiring, assigning duties, monitoring and assessing progress, conducting performance evaluations; and ensuring that departmental staff participate in professional development activities.
• Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, capacity building, or elimination.
• Works with the President and other executives in the strategic and annual planning process and establish financial priorities for the planning processes.
• Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth for TBCC.
• Provides oversight of the investment of funds; works with investment bankers and others to raise additional capital required for expansion.
• Direct supervision of personnel involved with financial aspects of the College's operation, such as payroll, accounts payable and receivable, investments, grants management, and purchasing.
• Assist with diverse inquiries from the public and various persons either in person or by telephone or email.
• Serve on the Business Officers statewide affinity group
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Excellent management and supervisory skills.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
• Eight to ten years of experience in financial management
• Supervisory experience
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
• Prior experience in an educational institution.
• Certified Public Accountant designation.
• Governmental accounting experience.
Complete application packets will have first consideration. The submission of all required application materials is the responsibility of the applicant.
Please respond via email with cover letter, resume and application indicating proof of your abilities to achieve the above job description and a minimum of three references to email@example.com
Applications may also be mailed to:
Tillamook Bay Community College
Attn. Human Resources
4301 Third Street
Tillamook, OR, 97141
To print application, go to:
Human Resources - Tillamook Bay Community College (tillamookbaycc.edu)
(Choose the staff application packet).
Position Open until filled
First review of applications: May 19, 2022. Position will remain open until filled.
Compensation and Position Availability
This is a 1.0 FTE position. Salary is depending on experience. Placement will generally not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Benefits are in accordance with Board Policy. Full employer paid PERS.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tillamook Bay Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, age, religion, height/weight ratio, marital status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, organizational affiliation, political affiliation or protected veterans with regard to employment, admissions, access to education programs or activities as set forth in compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations. Persons having questions about non-discrimination should contact the Director of Human Resources, 4301 Third Street, Tillamook, Oregon, Room 229, Phone (503) 842-8222 ext. 1021