District Controller - Business Services Department
Hood River County School District
To view the full Job Posting announcement and application instructions, visit: https://hoodriver.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=4189
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller provides a technical lead on a wide range of accounting operations and issues including accounting systems, internal controls, budget and audit preparation and financial reporting.
The Controller is regarded as a senior level accountant, with orientation towards coordination of all the financial transactions that are integrated into the accounting records of the District. This position requires a sound technical foundation of principles, methods and procedures of governmental accounting including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and other requirements of state and federal reporting.
The job of Controller is to provide up-to-date fiscal information for reference, audit, and/or compliance; ensure appropriate revenues are generated, expenses are within budget limits and fiscal practices are followed; to maintain accurate account balances and comply with related policies, practices and/or regulations; determine feasibility of services within budget parameters; make recommendations regarding fiscal practices.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field
- Ability to effectively function independently and within a team environment. Continuously use interpersonal skills; work as part of a team; and provide excellent customer service.
- Frequently make decisions; use independent judgment and/or independent action; mentor; use discretion; and analyze problems.
- Mathematical Skills: Continuously perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide) and perform advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation).
- Knowledge of information systems applications as they relate to financial operations.
- Financial planning, cash management, and budgeting.
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one, small group situations. Ability to verbally respond to common inquiries from various people. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to develop handbooks.
- Computer Skills: Advanced PC, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office software skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral format.
- Ability to produce accurate work under pressure with frequent deadlines. Work flexible hours, as needed to meet deadlines and complete the job.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have successful experience in working with culturally diverse staff and communities, or have otherwise demonstrated a commitment to strengthening engagement of a diverse community and skill in communicating with a diverse population.
Contact Catherine Dalbey, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com for any additional information
Complete and submit your TalentEd/Recruit & Hire electronic application. Include the following as part of your application:
- Letter of interest addressed to Doug Holmes, outlining your qualifications and interest in this position.
- Current Resume.
- Three (3) recent letters of reference.
- Copy of your professional license/certification. Official college transcripts will be required upon hire.
Salary Range: $76,897 to $86,424
Hood River County School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer