Bethel School District is seeking appropriately licensed candidates for a 1.0 FTE Behavioral Consultant for grades K-8.
Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, strengths and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity to support academic achievement and student success.
A cover letter is required with your application. Your cover letter should address the following:
Successful candidates will:
• Firmly demonstrate a belief that all students will learn and improve
• Maintain unconditional positive regard for all students, staff, families and colleagues
• Fully support and implement Social Emotional Learning, encouraging students to build self-awareness, self-management and relationship skills
• Demonstrate the belief that students’ behavior serves a function and that students’ culture, experiences, and skills must be taken into account in planning supports
• Exhibit strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Possess strong academic training and content knowledge to prepare students to be on track to meet academic goals
• Demonstrate research based instructional practices that are engaging, organized, and effective
• Use data to inform instructional decisions
• Connect well with students, families and the school community – be open to learning about others, especially those who may be different from you
• Incorporate feedback and professional learning into teaching and consulting practices
• Maintain collaborative and collegial relationships with building and district staff (be a team player)
• Participate eagerly in opportunities to learn, show a strong willingness to grow and maintain an interest in improving
• Recognize students’ different needs, abilities, and interests and be flexible to adjust instruction to meet those needs, abilities, and interests
• Understand and attend to the impacts of implicit bias in teaching and education
• Knowledge of educational programs offered in all schools and of basic educational techniques, as required by the position.
• Knowledge of the basic developmental stages of a child's learning process.
• Ability to schedule the workload, manage time and meet the needs of students, the school or a program.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work with small groups and individual students.
• Ability to prepare materials for lesson plans and adapt, as needed, to meet the needs of students.
• Ability to interact positively with children and adults, and observe individual student abilities.
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, administrators, parents and co-workers.
• Ability to safely and proficiently operate standard office and audio-visual equipment, as required by the position.
• Ability to maintain an appropriate and legal level of confidentiality regarding students, staff, and other individuals.
• Ability to maintain regular, predictable and prompt attendance.
• Oregon Teaching License valid for assignment
• Culturally proficient skills and strategies
• Experience supporting students with behaviors of concern
• Experience conducting Functional Behavior Analysis and writing Behavior Support Plans
• Demonstrate an ability to effectively collaborate with teams
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Culturally Responsive PBIS multi-tiered levels of support
• Experience with coaching other staff members and modeling effective classroom management and behavior supports
• Familiarity and comfort with special education law
• New staff must be fully vaccinated to meet the COVID-19 vaccine mandate or have an approved exception.
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
For information regarding this position, please email Logan Grasseth, Student Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire.