Bethel School District is seeking appropriately licensed candidates for the position of Principal at Meadow View School (K-8). Candidates must have strong instructional leadership, be able to effectively problem-solve, and work collaboratively with the Meadow View community.
Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, strengths and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity to support academic achievement and student success. Bethel is committed to aligning funding and expenditures with strategic equity-embedded goals and initiatives.
With approximately 5,500 students in 11 schools, Bethel School District is committed to excellence in every aspect of its operation. Bethel School District is located in northwest Eugene in Oregon’s picturesque Willamette Valley. Approximately two hours south of Portland, Eugene is home to the University of Oregon and enjoys a mild climate, wonderful recreation opportunities, and a friendly atmosphere.
The Bethel community is centered around its schools and has demonstrated a high degree of trust in the school district. A $99.3 million bond measure was approved in November 2020 with a 66% Yes vote. It is the largest bond in District History. This follows a $49.5 million bond in 2012 that was approved with a 73% Yes vote. Bethel School District employees are proud of being part of what is affectionately known as the Bethel Family.
Bethel believes in supporting the whole child and offers
• Counseling, Music, and PE Specialists in every school
• Free meals for all students, grades K - 8, and free breakfast for students, grades 9 - 12
• Middle School Robotics, Culinary and Digital Design programs
• Robust Career and Technical Education and college courses at Willamette HS
• Farm-to-school experiences for students through the Bethel Farm
• Trauma-informed and Restorative Practices K -12
• Sources of Strength suicide prevention programs throughout the District
A cover letter is required with your application. Your cover letter should address the following.
Successful Candidates Will:
• Firmly believe that all students will learn and improve - create a growth-mindset culture in the classroom
• Possess strong academic training and content knowledge
• Have extensive knowledge and experience demonstrating good instructional practices
• Use data to inform instructional decisions
• Connect well with students, staff, families and the school community – be open to learning about others, especially those who may be different from you
• Exhibit strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Incorporate feedback and professional learning into practices
• Maintain collaborative and collegial relationships with building staff, other administrators and district staff (be a team player)
• Participate in opportunities to learn, show a strong willingness to grow and maintain an interest in improving
• Recognize students’ different needs, abilities and interests and be flexible to adjust instruction to meet those needs, abilities and interests
• Promote the school and district with staff, students, families and the community
• Strive to support and maintain a strong professional learning community that encourages academic excellence for all students
• Possess skills and abilities to effectively coach and evaluate assigned staff
• Maintain a high standard of ethics in all professional relationships, actions and decisions
To apply, please follow the link to TalentEd Recruit and Hire: https://bethelor.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3835.
Applicants need to submit the following with their application:
• Complete application
• Current résumé
• Copy of administrative license
• 3 current letters of reference, preferably from current and previous evaluator or supervisor
• Please note that faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Approximate start date is August 1, 2022.
• Oregon Administrator License
• 3 Years Teaching experience
• Culturally proficient skills and strategies
• New staff must be fully vaccinated to meet the COVID-19 vaccine mandate or have an approved exception.
Highly desirable qualifications:
• Bilingual or multilingual abilities, preferably Spanish/English
• Experience working in richly diverse school communities and environments
• Strong Knowledge of Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports
• Strong Knowledge of Response to Intervention Strategies
For information regarding this position, please contact Remie Calalang, Assistant Superintendent, at email@example.com.
Additional information can be found at www.bethel.k12.or.us.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled