This position is to teach High School English/Language Arts beginning the 2021-2022 school year at Pendleton High School.
Application and Contact information: https://pendleton.k12.or.us/employment-opportunities/
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Supervisor: Building Principal.
Salary Range: $47,469 to $93,753 Depending on experience and education.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Accidental Death Insurance. (District pays monthly $1,749 towards benefits)
Application Link: https://pendleton.k12.or.us/employment-opportunities/
Major Job Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrated understanding of research-based instructional strategies and assessment practices that support effective instruction.
2. Recent successful experience working with educators in demonstrating and modeling effective instructional strategies and assessment practices.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of needs of diverse learners and strategies for addressing these needs.
4. Understanding of appropriate local and state standards.
5. Maintain integrity of confidential information relating to students, staff and district patrons.
6. Evidence/demonstration of use of technology to enhance student learning or willingness to learn.
7. Demonstrated organizational skills and commitment to follow through on tasks.
8. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with students, teachers, school administrators, support personnel, and community members.
9. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Terms of Employment: The teacher will receive salary and benefits according to the current Certified Employee Collective Bargaining Agreement, Pendleton School District.
Evaluations: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Teacher Evaluation Process and Improvement of Instruction Guide.
We reserve the right to modify the details of a position at any time. NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION The Pendleton School District 16R affirms the right of all individuals to equal opportunity to education and employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, handicap, or any other extraneous consideration not directly and substantively related to effective performance. This policy implements all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and executive orders. Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Related inquiries and additional requests may be directed to Chris Fritsch, Affirmative Action Officer, 107 NW 10th, Pendleton, OR 97801. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon Relay at 1-800-735-2900