The Knappa School District is seeking an Elementary Counselor at Hilda Lahti Elementary School
Position works with students, parents, teachers and other district personnel regarding student educational and career goals, student behavior and discipline, healthy lifestyle choices, and appropriate peer and social interactions and issues. Position develops and provides schedules for Knappa School District.
REPORTS TO: Principal
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular
1. Develop the district’s guidance and counseling program which promotes healthy lifestyle choices, appropriate social and peer interactions and academic achievement.
2. Assist in the coordination and implementation of each school’s registration/class scheduling process.
3. Assist in scheduling and administering general aptitude and achievement tests required by the district.
4. Provide information and assistance to students, parents, and teachers relating to student academic achievement and social development.
5. Assist teachers with the resolution of classroom behavior problems.
6. Assist students in defining long-range and short-range educational goals including preparation for college and other post-secondary education/training opportunities.
7. Work with students, parents, school staff, and the administration in developing and maintaining satisfactory student attendance and exploring alternative education programs.
8. Interpret group test data to students and parents, including achievement tests, aptitude tests, and interest surveys.
9. Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
10. Have consistent, daily and punctual attendance.
11. Supervise students both in and out of the classroom
12. Attend and participate in staff, department and district meetings.
1. Valid Oregon School Counselor License
2. Master’s Degree
3. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child and adolescent growth and development, and age-appropriate instruction.
4. Demonstrated skill in effective and appropriate verbal and written communications for a wide variety of recipients and in a wide variety of settings.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions, in one-on-one and small group settings, and to students, staff and parents.
6. Demonstrated knowledge and skill in applying conflict management and dispute resolution techniques.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of people in various settings.
8. Demonstrated ability to type accurately and proficiently.
To apply, please contact Diane Barendse at email@example.com for an application.