How To Apply: Please visit www.pps.net/jobs and use job number 24554 to access the full job description and apply.
Salary: $146,684 - $157,963 per year
Portland Public Schools (PPS) is actively seeking a dynamic leader to join us as our Director, for our Early Learners Program. In this role, you would lead the development and implementation of a high quality, developmentally appropriate learning progression plan for students from preschool through grade 3 (P-3). In addition, you would direct the team, and manage the budget and allocation of resources to accelerate how school leaders, families, and community partners work together to create conditions for success, for the district’s youngest learners.
With the District’s focus on eliminating systemic racism and its adverse impact on student learning, we seek to hire individuals who bring to our district a deep commitment to racial equity and social justice.
To learn more about Portland Public Schools, please check out our profile at https://www.themuse.com/profiles/portlandpublicschools.
- A State of Oregon issued Administrative License.
- 5 years as a licensed school professional
-- 2 years must include experience with allocating resources based on funding requirements, and sourcing funds and managing budgets from multiple sources.
- Experience building and managing a team, including hiring and annual evaluations.
- Strong program management skills.
- Knowledge of research-based, culturally-responsive early childhood practices and strategies.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at the time of hire.
- This position requires the use of a personal automobile and possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Work hours will routinely include evening and weekend activities and meetings and district, school and student functions.