JOB TITLE: Assistant Principal
LOCATION: Powell Butte Elementary School
SALARY: $97,278 (based on 2021-2022 salary schedule; 2022-2023 salary schedule pending)
CONTRACT DAYS: 205 Days (August – June)
START DATE: Monday, August 1, 2022
OPENING DATE: Saturday, June 18, 2022
FOR STRONGEST CONSIDERATION, APPLY BY: Friday, July 8, 2022 at 4:30pm
The Oregon Governor and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) have issued a state mandate due to COVID-19. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; proof of vaccination is required for employment.
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT/S: The position of Assistant Principal – Elementary School serves as a school and educational leader responsible for contributing to the development, implementation, supervision, and evaluation of a comprehensive program of educational and student services. Carries out duties and responsibilities in accordance with board policies, statutory requirements, administrative rules and regulations, consistent with collective bargaining agreements, under the direction of the school principal. Advocates for the staff, school, and school community as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides strong instructional leadership.
• Facilitates communication among personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
• Facilitates various meetings (e.g. school improvement grant, curriculum, safety, school committees, special district committees, staff development, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district, and/or state objectives.
• Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students and/or parents for the purpose of assisting students in modifying inappropriate behavior, developing successful interpersonal skills and/or initiating disciplinary action.
• Manages various school administrative functions (e.g. student disciplinary policy, school schedule, assigned personnel, etc.) for the purposes of ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district, and/or state objectives, as well as to maintain safety and efficiency of school operations.
• Prepares documentation (e.g. reports, correspondence, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
• Presents information on various topics for the purpose of communicating information and/or gaining feedback.
• Supports the principal for the purpose of assisting with their job functions of developing effective, high-quality school site operations and educational programs.
• Evaluates teachers and support staff.
• Modifies and maintains master schedule and other scheduling duties.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Lead School Improvement Grant-related activities and complete related documentation, as applicable.
• Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Attend various meetings (e.g. district, site, community, etc.) for the purpose of communicating and/or gathering information.
• Work effectively with technical programs within the school and district.
• Continues to grow professionally by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience Required: Prior job-related experience with increasing levels of responsibilities serving a diverse school community.
• Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
* Skills to appropriately manage personnel and programs, communicate effectively, problem solve.
* Knowledge of curriculum, education code, district policies, and computer literate.
* Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, provide direction to others and make independent judgments, keep and maintain accurate records, meet deadlines, communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds, communicate in oral and written form. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling, fingering, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation.
• Licenses and/or Testing Required: Appropriate administrative license, valid driver's license and evidence of insurability, and Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 205 days per year. Salary to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to apply online through TalentEd Recruit & Hire with the following documents uploaded. A complete application will consist of the following:
1) Letter of Interest;
2) Current Resume;
3) Three (3) Current Letters of Recommendation;
4) Unofficial Transcript(s) of undergrad/grad coursework. If employed, the candidate will be required to submit official transcripts in sealed envelopes from the institution(s);
5) Copy of Oregon Administrative License (or verification of process to obtain a TSPC Oregon license).
Centennial School District practices equal employment opportunity and treatment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran's status, genetic information, and disability if the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.