You are here

Middle School Special Education

Fern Ridge School District

Fern Ridge School District is accepting applications for a 1.0 FTE special education teacher at Fern Ridge Middle School. 

Qualifications: The successful candidate must hold or be able to obtain the appropriate license in the State of Oregon to teach in a special education structured classroom and demonstrate knowledge of best practices in teaching.

Responsibilities: Create a vibrant learning community for our structured learning center students.  Educate the whole child intellectually, emotionally and physically.  Plan for the instructional needs for all students in an atmosphere that develops students’ knowledge.  Establish good relationships with students, parents and facility.

Implement state standards, case manage individualized education plans and provide instruction that promotes all skill development, knowledge and reasoning.  Use a variety of assessments to inform instruction and create an environment that maximizes student learning with a focus on character development.  Model and teach respect with an awareness of diversity and perform other duties as assigned.

Please be prepared to upload the following documents into Frontline:

~ Current Resume

~ Copy of Transcripts

~ Copy of Teaching License

~ Four (4) Letters of Recommendation

Please contact the District Office, 88834 Territorial Rd., Elmira, OR 97437, (541) 935-2253 Ext. 1203, or e-mail: if you have any questions.

Position Details: This position is open until filled. 

Compensation: Salary Range: $39,431 to $75,713 (depending on experience and education)

Benefits to eligible Fern Ridge School District employees include: insurance (health, dental, vision and life insurance) flexible spending account, 403B and PERS.  For more information please visit the Staff page of our website at

Contact Information:
Fern Ridge School District 28J
Human Resources Department
88834 Territorial Road
Elmira, OR 97437

Fern Ridge School District Is An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran’s Preference Employer.                      
For Veteran’s Preference, contact the district office for information on required documentation.