Here is the link to apply:
Here is the job description:
JOB GOALS: The job of the Math Intervention Teacher & Instructional Coach is to provide:
1. Math intervention support to students in grades K-5 utilizing best practice intervention models
2. Math instructional coaching and co-teaching support for K-5 teachers
3. Leadership in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting student performance data
4. Leadership in the implementation of instructional strategies and programs which meet the needs of a diverse student population
And to develop:
5. A positive working relationship with students, staff, administration, parents and the community
1. Hold a valid Oregon Elementary Teaching license with math endorsement preferable.
2. Possess knowledge of the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of primary and elementary students.
3. Understand effective instructional and assessment practices necessary to assist our students in reaching the content and performance standards in mathematics as established by Oregon's Educational Act For The 21st Century.
4. Possess knowledge of effective intervention models and instructional coaching practices.
5. Possess functional computer literacy including; knowledge of data bases and spread sheets and an understanding of how computers and technology can assist instruction.
6. Maintain satisfactory attendance as defined in district policy and regulations.
• Collaborate with district leadership to plan and deliver professional development aligned to core math instruction.
• Collaborate with district leadership to refine common assessments and curriculum maps to better meet the learning needs of all students and support their progress in meeting expectations established by the Oregon State Standards.
• Participate in district coaching meetings.
• Analyze data from diagnostic and common assessments.
• Support instruction in mathematics utilizing standardized “projection maps.”
• Provide direct mathematics intervention for students in grades K-5.
Teacher Development & Coaching
• Support the development of high-quality math instruction including; observing, coaching, and co-teaching elementary classrooms with the goal of improving instructional planning and teaching practices.
• Help teachers develop a classroom intervention plan based on data.
• Research and attend professional development to support teachers in improving teaching and learning practices in mathematics.
• Prepare materials and identify effective resources for teacher use.
• Provide coaching sessions and demonstrate lessons that reflect the use of one or more of the “Eight Mathematical Practices”.
• Serve as a resource for identifying appropriate instructional strategies and interventions to improve student achievement.
• Assist teachers in the preparation of pacing for instruction.
• Assist teachers and administrators with the implementation of instructional strategies, technology and math assessments.