JOB TITLE: Assistant Principal
LOCATION: Centennial Middle School
CONTRACT DAYS: 225 Days Annually
START DATE: July 3, 2023
OPENING DATE: May 17, 2023
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
The Oregon Governor and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) have issued a state mandate due to COVID-19. All staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; proof of vaccination is required for employment.
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT/S: The position of Assistant Principal - Middle School is done for the purposes of supporting the middle school principal and other assigned personnel’s job responsibilities; receiving, distributing and communicating information to enforce school, district, and state education policies; maintaining safety of school environment; coordinating assigned school site activities; assisting students to modify inappropriate behavior and develop successful interpersonal skills; and communicating information to the staff, principal and the public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides strong instructional leadership.
• Facilitates communication among personnel, students and/or parents for the purpose of evaluating situations, solving problems and/or resolving conflicts.
• Facilitates various meetings (e.g., curriculum, safety, site advisory, special district committees, staff development, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating agendas and ensuring that outcomes achieve school, district, and/or state objectives.
• Intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behavior of students and/or parents for the purpose of assisting students in modifying inappropriate behavior, developing successful interpersonal skills and/or initiating disciplinary action.
• Manages various school administrative functions (e.g., student disciplinary policy, school schedule, assigned personnel, etc.) for the purpose of enforcing school, district, and state policy and maintaining safety and efficiency of school operations.
• Prepares documentation (e.g., reports, correspondence, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information.
• Presents information on various topics for the purpose of communicating information and/or gaining feedback.
• Supports the principal for the purpose of assisting with their job functions of maintaining overall school site operating and educational programs.
• Evaluates teachers and support staff.
• Modifies and maintains master schedule and other scheduling duties.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Attends various meetings (e.g., district, site, community, etc.) for the purpose of communicating and/or gathering information.
• Works effectively with technical programs within the middle school and district.
• Continues to grow professionally by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals, etc.
REQUIREMENTS – QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience Required: Prior job-related experience with increasing levels of responsibilities in school setting.
• Skills, Knowledge, and/or Abilities Required:
* Skills to appropriately manage personnel and programs, communicate effectively, problem solve.
* Knowledge of curriculum, education code, district policies, and computer literate.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods, provide direction to others and make independent judgments, keep and maintain accurate records, meet deadlines, communicate with individuals of varied cultural and educational backgrounds, communicate in oral and written form. Significant physical abilities include reaching/handling, talking/hearing conversations, near/far visual acuity/depth perception/visual accommodation.
* Ability to speak a second language preferred.
• Licenses and/or Testing Required: Appropriate administrative license, valid driver's license and evidence of insurability, and Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 225 days per year. Salary to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
To be considered for this position, applicants are required to apply online through TalentEd Recruit & Hire with the following documents uploaded:
1) Letter of Interest;
2) Current Resume;
3) Three (3) Current Letters of Recommendation;
4) Unofficial Transcript(s) of undergrad/grad coursework. If employed, the candidate will be required to submit official transcripts in sealed envelopes from the institution(s);
5) Copy of Oregon Administrative License (or verification of process to obtain a TSPC Oregon license).
Centennial School District practices equal employment opportunity and treatment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran's status, genetic information, and disability if the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.