Portland Public Schools is seeking dynamic Assistant Principals and Vice Principals with a demonstrated record of improving student performance and who share our Vision, PPS reImagined.
We are seeking a collaborative, teamwork oriented, passionate leader with focused experience to join us as Assistant Principals (K-5 / K-8 / Middle School) and Vice Principal (High School). This position will be part of Portland Public Schools’ Office of School Performance. With a racial equity and equality focused lens, the Assistant Principal and Vice Principal support the school principal in establishing a learning environment and implementing an instructional vision that promotes academic excellence, and the personal growth of every student, while closing opportunity gaps and narrowing disparities between the highest- and lowest-performing students.
To learn more about Portland Public Schools: visit www.pps.net.
Assistant Principals and Vice Principals are expected to:
• Support professional educators individually, and in the context of school teams and PLCs, in strengthening their instructional practice;
• Partner with educators to create a community of continuous learning for all staff and students;
• Foster a culture of high expectations, providing every student with equitable access to high quality and culturally relevant instruction;
• Support and implement the District’s Racial Equity Policy;
• Build strong partnerships with staff, families, and community partners;
• Create a safe, welcoming environment that reflects and supports the racial and ethnic diversity of the student population and communities served;
• Support school and district initiatives to implement multi-tiered systems of support, restorative practices, and the guaranteed and viable curriculum;
• Participate in managing operational, technical, and school activities and staff to promote student growth.
Grant High School
Metro Learning Center
Roseway Heights Middle School
To learn about the application process, visit pps.net/jobs
To apply and review the full job description, select the desired link above or visit
pps.net/jobs and enter a job number 23689.
To learn more about PPS and beautiful Portland, Oregon review our PPS View Book.