This position will be an active posting until the time a candidate has been selected.
This position begins on July 1, 2023.
Provide strategic leadership and management of all aspects of infrastructure, policies, programs, and systems related to the District’s workforce in collaboration with District leadership teams and human resources colleagues. Implement equity-minded leadership and effective change management including a focus on outcomes. Provide expertise and guidance in all areas of human resources, working closely with the Chief Administrative Officer to support the district’s strategic goals and mission. Responsible to lead and implement best practices in human resources, as well as in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion. Through technically adept and data driven practices, responsible for strengthening HR systems and procedures and for ensuring continuous improvement in strategic and focused HR outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Plan, direct, and oversee all human resource and of the District, including recruitment and selection, worker classification and compensation, employee and labor relations, dispute resolution, negotiations, training and development, affirmative action/equal opportunity employment, wellness, and benefits, succession planning, human resources information systems, and policy administration.
• Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of the District’s affirmative action plan. Oversee diversity-related recruiting efforts, develop strategies for retention of a diverse staff, and facilitate staff development that fosters appreciation of the contributions of a diverse staff to accomplishment of district goals.
• Oversee and ensure equitable and legal administration of leave policies; guide the interactive process for accommodations needed by employees. Ensure compliance with all leave and disability-related laws.
• Handle routine labor relations and inquiries related to policies, procedures, and bargaining agreements. Provide contract interpretation, investigation guidance, and advice on a full range of employee relations matters including
• Serve as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee complaints. Conducts interviews and gathers information for investigations such as those related to harassment allegations, work complaints, or other similar concerns of fairness and equity.
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of teacher/administrator effectiveness and growth systems and the employee evaluation program for all staff, with an emphasis on common accountability for contributing to student success.
• Oversee disciplinary actions toward employees to ensure fair, equitable, and lawful processes. Manage highly complex employee relations’ cases, conflict/grievance resolutions, and respond to complaints on behalf of the District.
• Strategically plan and implement activities, events, and services that engender pride in being a district employee and that foster positive employer-employee relationships.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations bearing on human resource management and employment in a public school system. Review and respond to employment-related legislative bills.
• Provide professional management, consultation and advice to District directors, administrators, and supervisors regarding legal compliance, contractual obligations, District policies, effective human resource practices, and ethical practices.
• Represent the District before the Board of Directors on collective bargaining, compensation, and other staffing-related matters.
• Collaborates to establish appropriate service and staffing levels, monitor, and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures, allocate resources accordingly, and assist school administrators in determining staffing requirements.
• Develop, plan, and implement human resource department goals and objectives; formulate, recommend, and administer policies and procedures; evaluate the effectiveness of programs and practices, and modify strategies to achieve goals; translate Board and District goals into HR strategic and tactical plans; develop and administer the department’s annual operating budget; provide for professional development of department staff; and ensure the completion of strategic plan action items.
• Contribute to the achievement of the District's educational mission and overall goals by developing and implementing human resource practices that are state-of-the-art, professional, and future-oriented.
• Provide assistance and support for team members and projects as needed.