The Southern Oregon Education Service District (SOESD) is seeking an administrator to join our highly collaborative team for a position located at our Medford office. As part of integrated services for student success, the administrator coordinates various programs, including Migrant Education, English Language Learners, Indian Education, and Southern Oregon Black African American Student Success. The administrator works with highly regarded and respected staff members to offer direct services to Migrant, Indigenous, and African American / Black students, families, and school districts in Jackson, Josephine and Klamath counties. Services include helping districts create, implement, and maintain programs that provide equitable learning opportunities, including professional development and technical assistance regarding effective instructional strategies for multi-lingual learners and equity within school systems. The administrator also collaborates with school districts in the SOESD region to sustain these services, as well as advocate for the populations that we serve on the state level.
Coordinator, School Improvement Services
(Migrant Education / English Language Learners / Indian Education / Southern Oregon Black African American Student Success)
Position Goal: Administer programs in cooperation with the Director of School Improvement Services.
Note: OAR 333-019-1030 Proof of COVID full vaccination status or approved OHA exception is required for this position.
1. Coordinate School Improvement Services programs.
2. Coordinate programs and staff.
3. Develop grant applications.
4. Communicate with Director of School Improvement Services in the areas of budgets, staffing and professional development.
5. Supervise and evaluate staff.
6. Serve as a liaison among SOESD, local school districts, Oregon Department of Education, institutions of higher education and other agencies to facilitate cooperative relationships.
7. Meet and plan services with School Improvement Services personnel.
8. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with SOESD staff.
9. Perform physical requirements unaided or with assistance of reasonable accommodation. (See reverse.)
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Oregon Administrator’s license
2. Teaching experience with Migrant Education / ESL / ELL / Bilingual programs
3. Bilingual (English-Spanish)
Length of Position: 12 months
Salary: Per Administrative Salary Schedule: $113,678.04 - $137,148.57 annually for 2023-2024 school year.
Supervisor: Program Administrator [Director of School Improvement Services]
SOESD Benefits (For .50 FTE and Over):
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to $2003.00 per month (family coverage) for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees.
Employer-paid PERS (Public Employee Retirement System), including additional 6% individual investment account with PERS.
9 paid holidays
A generous sick, vacation and discretionary (personal) leave packet is also provided to qualified employees.
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Health Savings Accounts
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses
Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity
403(b) through Carruth Compliance Consulting
Mercy Flights Membership
The following physical requirements are essential functions of this position, Coordinator, English Language Learner:
1. Stand/Walk: 1-4 Hrs/Day
2. Sit: 1-4 Hrs/Day
3. Drive: 1-4 Hrs/Day
4. Bending: Occasionally
5. Squat: Occasionally
6. Climb Stairs: Occasionally
7. Single Grasping: Occasionally
8. Pushing: Occasionally
9. Pulling: Occasionally
10. Fine Manipulation: Frequently
11. Repetitive Foot Control: Not at all
12. Lifting (less than 25 lbs.): Occasionally
13. Lifting (25-50 lbs.): Limited
14. Lifting (50-75 lbs.): Not at all
15. Lifting (75-100 lbs.): Not at all
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
SOESD is an equal opportunity employer that complies with applicable employment discrimination laws, including ORS Ch. 659, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.