North Douglas School District is actively seeking exceptional candidates for the position of High School Principal for the 2023-24 school year.
The successful candidate will collaboratively lead staff and maintain instructional leadership ensuring the success of all students and the implementation of a positive school culture. Our principals are strong facilitators and communicators, skilled at energizing groups of people to achieve common objectives.
The selected candidate will communicate frequently and effectively with all stakeholders and ensure human and fiscal resources are aligned with our primary purpose: exceptional student learning. They will demonstrate strong listening skills and be supportive of the school and district team while promoting a widely shared belief that every child is an exceptional learner who deserves expert instruction in a positive school environment. The selected candidate will also be prepared to bring their skill set to bear on 9-12 leadership opportunities based on district need.
A competitive candidate will have demonstrated successful experience in the following:
• High School (9-12) school leadership/administration.
• An understanding/experience in special education processes and protocols.
• Expertise establishing and maintaining a school climate that promotes positive student behavior.
• Inspiring, leading and managing change that results in staff engagement, increased student achievement, and community engagement.
• Leveraging professional trust and respect to develop teacher leaders through collaborative decision making and authentic teamwork.
• Using effective communication skills to listen, learn, and lead.
• A demonstrated history of developing and maintaining trusting relationships with staff, parents and families, students, and district stakeholders.
You will also have:
• A passion for serving high school children and families.
• Experience as an exceptional high school educator.
• A personable, sincere and authentic personality.
• An uplifting sense of humor.
• Strong organizational skills to proactively prioritize and manage both routine and unique circumstances.
• A growth mindset when leading for student and staff success.
• Hold an Oregon Administrative license.
• Record of increasingly responsible education positions.
• Understanding of Oregon curriculum standards.
Required Application Materials:
• Letter of interest and application to be submitted at: https://northdouglas.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx)
• Current Resume
• A minimum of three current letters of recommendation
• Statement of your philosophy about student achievement (1 page)
• Statement outlining the most innovative initiative or program you have created (1 page)
• Statement of Leadership Style (1 page)
Contract & Assignment Length: 220-day administrative, probationary contract
Salary: Salary and placement will be in accordance with the District’s salary schedule for Administrative employees for the
23-24 school year.
Questions: Jody Cyr, Superintendent
500 S. Main Street / PO Box 428
Drain, OR 97435