The high school principal is responsible for implementing and managing the district's policies, regulations and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets and exceeds the State Core Curriculum Content Standards, following the approved curriculum and directives of the school. The principal works collaboratively to lead all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents, members of the community, and colleagues both within and outside the district. The principal is responsible for planning and overseeing curriculum, program evaluation, extracurricular activities, personnel management, and financial management.
* Bilingual preferred.
* Master's Degree in Education.
* A current Oregon Administrator license.
* Minimum of four years of successful administrative experience in a comprehensive high school preferred.
* Minimum of five years of successful teaching or administrative experience in public education.
* Commitment to equitable and inclusive practices for all students, especially our historically stigmatized and marginalized communities/students.
* Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with colleagues, including the ability to create and nurture a professional community of adult learners.
* Demonstrated leadership qualities and strong interpersonal skills, including giving and receiving constructive feedback.
* Understanding of Oregon's State Standards, graduation requirements, IDEA, TAG, EL, & AVID programs.
* Proven ability in using school and student-level data to guide decisions.
* Experience and expertise in restorative justice, anti-bias, and equitable practices towards school discipline.
* Implement and account for the building's budgets, supervise maintenance and operations of the building and control of equipment.
* Oregon City is looking for diverse candidates with diverse backgrounds and lived experiences to add to the ample community of students we serve.
This is a 1.0FTE position for the 2023-24 school year.
Grade Level: 9-12
Salary Range: $129,862 - $150,282
Contract Days: 240
Please attach cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation.
All applicants must apply online at: https://oregoncity.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Those applicants selected for interview will be notified of date, time, and place of interview.
Oregon City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran status, familial status, genetic information, and/or disability of employee, with or without reasonable accommodations, is able to perform the essential functions of the position.