Assistant Principal – La Grande Middle School
Open: May 23, 2023 - Closes: June 7, 2023
The La Grande School District is accepting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Assistant Principal for La Grande Middle School. The Assistant Principal is responsible for assisting the Principal in the overall administration of the school. The Assistant Principal also will effectively coordinate the efforts of all personnel to ensure that each student is provided with the highest quality education. This position will start approximately July 1, 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as principal in the absence of the regular principal.
2. Monitor, coordinate, align, and evaluate the high school curriculum program and processes.
3. Assist and work with department heads and committees in selecting and recommending adoption of textbooks.
4. Prepare the master schedule of classes and coordinate student government and student body related activities.
5. Prepare the student-parent and teacher handbook.
6. Direct the maintenance of fair and equitable student discipline.
7. Evaluate certified and non-certified staff and coordinate building inservice programs.
8. Facilitate the guidance department in the development and articulation of the guidance program.
9. Assist in the preparation of the budget, necessary reports, and building inventories.
10. Maintain building security.
11. Work with local social service agencies to provide resources for students.
12. Prepare necessary schedules for each new school year.
13. Exercise collective judgment in handling problems affecting the building and district.
14. Perform other responsibilities as required by the superintendent and building principal.
Valid Oregon Administrative License (Principal License) and a minimum of four (4) years of teaching and management experience in the field of education. Prefer middle school experience. Interested parties enrolled in a school administrator program are encouraged to apply (salary will be reduced until unrestricted full licensure is obtained.)
Employment, Salary and Benefits
1. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), approximately 220-day position, including 9 paid holidays.
2. Placement on the La Grande School District Administrative salary schedule, range 2, step 1- 9 ($92,354.74 - $110,348.31*) ** Salary will be reduced until successful candidate holds an unrestricted Oregon Administrative License.
3. La Grande School District will support payment for health, dental and vision insurance premiums. Employer-paid PERS is provided to qualified employees.
1. Applications are available online at https://www.applitrack.com/lagrande/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromA...
2. Only complete applications will be considered. Successful applicants are required to provide official transcripts and original license(s) before completion of the hiring process.
3. Completed applications must be returned the Human Resources Department, via the Frontline Application Portal by 4:00 p.m. on June 7, 2023.
La Grande School District is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 541-663-3212.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact Laurie Batten, Administrative Assistant at 541-663-3212 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the La Grande School District for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900 or 711.
La Grande School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged. Veteran’s preference shall be given.