Molalla River School District is actively seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Director of Teaching and Learning.
The successful candidate will possess the following leadership qualities:
• Committed to the pursuit of excellence: Demonstrates a willingness to speak honestly, listen openly, and lead purposefully as a department leader and supervisor.
• Committed to providing innovation and leadership towards reaching extraordinary results in a comprehensive educational environment.
• Engaging change agent striving for exceptional results in staff and student performance.
• Personal and professional honesty and integrity with strong ethical and moral standards.
• Visible in the schools, active in the community, and a respected contributor to the county’s larger educational community.
• Strong interpersonal skills – a team builder and a team player.
• Foster growth in others to help them achieve and succeed at high levels.
• Innovative and creative problem-solving abilities, engaging others in decision-making, and willing to assume responsibility for decisions.
• Strong supporter of all staff and students.
• Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and a high degree of professionalism.
The most competitive candidates will have demonstrated successful experience in the following:
• District office leadership/administration or successful building level administrative leadership experience.
• Leading in a racially, culturally, linguistically and economically diverse community.
• Inspiring, leading and managing change that results in staff engagement, increased student achievement, and community engagement.
• Leveraging professional trust and respect to develop strong curriculum and instruction practices through collaborative decision-making and authentic teamwork.
• Using effective communication skills to listen, learn, and lead.
• A demonstrated history of developing and maintaining trusting relationships with staff, parents and families, students and district stakeholders.
This position is open until filled / Screening of applications will begin October 2, 2023.
Required Application Materials:
Candidates should upload the following documents to complete their Recruit and Hire application prior to submission:
• Letter setting forth personal qualifications, experiences and reasons for interest in this position
• Current Resume
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation with at least one from the most recent direct supervisor
• Statement of Educational Philosophy
• Statement of Leadership Style
For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit the Employment Opportunities page on Molalla River School District’s website at https://molalla35.tedk12.com//hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=5386