Fossil School District is seeking a 7-12 grade English teacher who will create a vibrant learning community for our children and join an excellent team of teachers at Wheeler High School.
• Teach a junior high and high school level curriculum and develop lessons that prepare students for College and Career Readiness. Including the skills of: Writing, Reading Comprehension at the highest level, Speaking, Self-Reflection and Peer Editing.
• Have the professionalism to give corrective and timely feedback on all student work.
• Educate the whole child Intellectually, Emotionally, and Socially
• Model, teach and interact with respect for all.
• Be a self-starter who enjoys collaborating as a team player.
• Participate in district planning and vision.
• Have an understanding of Common Core principles and curriculum, as well as knowledge of Smarter Balanced assessment.
• Use a variety of assessments to inform instruction.
• Can take direction and suggestions for improvement in areas of our profession.
• Supervise and Facilitate our Expanded options, Writing 121 and Writing 122 College level courses
• Teach an Elective Course as per your interest and approved by the principal
• Coaching opportunities both within the high school and junior high programs
Application Deadline: June 3 Posted: May 13, 2016
Knowledge of best practices in teaching.
Oregon teaching license in assigned area(s) and proper endorsements.
Meets Highly Qualified requirements for subject(s) assigned.
*Apply using the website School Spring and also send a resume and 3 letters of recommendation to Jim Smith the Principal of Wheeler High School at firstname.lastname@example.org