Open Until Filled
Screening of applications will begin May 28, 2019
Molalla River School District is actively seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Middle School Associate Principal.
The successful candidate will assist the principal in collaboratively guiding staff as an instructional leader, ensuring the success all students in a positive school culture.
Molalla River School District administrators are ethical, committed educational leaders. We believe every student is an exceptional learner who deserves expert instruction in a positive school environment. We believe our work should focus on energizing groups of people to achieve common objectives for student achievement.
The successful candidate will be expected to know and practice excellent leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills and to use effective judgment and decision-making as needed for daily school operation.
• Master Degree in Education with a preferred emphasis in administration
• A current Oregon TSPC license appropriate for the position
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
• Knowledge of and successful experience with Standards based teaching, Professional Learning Communities, building capacity with staff, instructional improvement and evaluation, classroom management, team management, technology integration and organizational change
• Knowledge of effective inclusionary practices for students with special needs
• Knowledge, appreciation, and experience working with students from diverse cultures
• Ability to work in a positive manner with students, staff, parents, and others
• Demonstrated experience as an exceptional classroom teacher
• Successful school leadership experience
The most competitive candidates will also have:
• A record of increasingly responsible education positions.
• A clear understanding of the unique needs of young adolescents socially, emotionally and academically.
• Leadership experience with PBIS and student management/discipline.
• Experience leading and managing change that results in increased student achievement and community engagement.
• Experience related to master schedule development.
• A passion for serving students and families.
• A sense of humor.
• Demonstrated success taking risks to solve problems and develop unique solutions that improved outcomes for students.
• Strong organizations skills.
• Strong skills in the use of technology as an instructional tool that promotes student growth and engagement
• Demonstrated ability to show compassion for others while pushing for continuous improvement.
Apply on-line https://molalla35.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Required Application Materials:
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation with at least one from the most recent direct supervisor
• Statement identifying your core beliefs about teaching and learning and their impact on your leadership.
• Statement describing an influential mentor. The statement should clearly identify how that mentor influences your work as an educational leader.