Apply online at www.imesd.k12.or.us
We have positions for an SLP in our Early Learning and School Aged programs.
We offer a competitive salary great benefits for you and your family.
Check us out!
A complete application packet will include:
• Application (Oregon Statewide Teachers)
•Letter of introduction and interest
•Copy of transcripts and applicable licensure
•Two letters of recommendation
Provide or assist with identification, diagnostic, therapeutic and follow up services for speech, language and/or hearing impaired children. This includes direct instruction, parent and teacher counseling and training, utilization of support aides and related professional disciplines and the reporting of all services performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate services for speech, language, and/or hearing impaired with other ESD Special Education Programs, local school personnel and community resources.
• Develop an annual set of performance goals and objectives and plan of work.
• Participate in speech, language and hearing screening in the ESD service area.
• Provide diagnostic evaluation for suspected speech, language and hearing impaired children in the ESD service area, using research based evaluation techniques and curriculum assessment measures.
• Develop and implement an appropriate treatment plan for speech, language and/or hearing impaired children.
• Coordinate treatment programs for speech, language and/or hearing impaired students with existing school programs.
• Participate in clinics held in the ESD service area as directed.
• Participate in multi-discipline staffing of individual students as appropriate.
• Move throughout school buildings and offices to serve as consultant to teachers, principals, parents, audiologist, and specialist for hearing impaired and other professionals or agencies. This function may take the form of group in-service, individual consultation, child staffing and/or family counseling and training.
• Participate in activities that will increase public and professional awareness of the needs and services available for speech, language and hearing impaired children, including but not limited to disseminating information.
• Develop and maintain complete and accurate records and report all services provided for speech, language and or hearing impaired children served.
• Manage children’s behavior in individual and group settings.
• Maintain assigned caseload within work schedule.
• Participate in the implementation of systems to evaluate the effectiveness of intervention procedures.
• Operate in each school under the building principal’s direction and keep appropriate personnel informed of activities and services for speech, language and/or hearing impaired students.
• Develop lesson plans, keep therapy notes and regularly report progress to parents and school personnel.
• Compile program data.
• Perform other reasonable duties that from time to time may be assigned to meet the usual and unusual demands placed on the organization.
• Comply with ESD Performance Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Individual will hold a valid drivers license and have reliable, insured transportation for required travel between schools.
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATES / LICENSES:
• MA or MS Degree in Communication Disorders/Sciences.
• Must be eligible for Oregon Teaching License with a Speech Impaired Endorsement or Oregon Board of Examiners Speech Pathology License.
• Eligibility for American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA) Certificate of Clinical Competence preferred.
• Experience with itinerant public school services.
• Current CPR training preferred.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
• Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for, working with children.
• Demonstrated patience, warmth, and capacity for acceptance of children with special needs.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Commitment to follow through without direct supervision.
• Strong organizational skills.
Speech-Language Pathologist may be required to travel to and from school locations in the ESD service area and on over night assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, individual will regularly be required to reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Will occasionally lift and / or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Individual will be able to move freely in and between buildings and classrooms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Individual will work in school buildings, children’s homes, Head Start facilities etc.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Individual will work on an annual contract. Any changes in contract days will be stipulated in each individual contract. Salary and benefits to be established by the ESD Education Association in accordance with negotiated agreement with the ESD Board of Directors. Schedule and assignments to be established by Department Coordinator.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions, or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The ESD may add to, modify, or delete any aspect of this (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
I hereby certify that I possess the physical and mental ability to regularly attend work and fulfill the essential functions of the above position with or without reasonable accommodations. If I require accommodation (s) in order to fulfill any or all of these essential functions, I will inform the ESD prior to actually beginning work.