Days Creek School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Days Creek, Oregon
Enrollment: 200 students
Base Salary: $90,000 to $105,000 plus benefits
Closing Date: January 10, 2019 (but open until filled)
Start Date: July 1, 2019
About the Position:
The Days Creek School District and Charter School Boards of Directors are seeking a highly-qualified educational leader with successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent/principal and charter school executive director. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon Administrative license at time of employment and should exhibit the following qualities and qualifications:
1. Provides visionary leadership while demonstrating a thoughtful approach to collaborative strategic planning to empower relevant changes;
2. Strong academic preparation and background with demonstrated ability to improve student academic performance;
3. Highly visible in the school and community; actively participates in school and community activities;
4. Demonstrates strong communication skills and communicates effectively with the community, staff, students and both boards of directors;
5. Is approachable, accessible and listens to others with an open mind;
6. Demonstrates a sensitivity and respect toward diversity in the community;
7. A proven record of successful teaching and administrative experience in a public-school district, preferably in a rural community; charter school experience is desired;
8. Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and budgeting skills; willing to seek alternative funding strategies;
9. Demonstrates strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities and can make unpopular decisions when necessary and communicate them clearly;
10. Committed to serving and advocating for ALL students and staff;
11. Serves as a role model for the district and community with integrity and honesty;
12. Desires a long-term commitment with the district and community with residence within the school district strongly encouraged.
About the District:
The charter school serves approximately 200 students in grades K-12. The workforce consists of 15 licensed, 16 classified and five confidential/supervisory staff. The district projects a general fund budget of approximately $4.6 million. The charter school’s curriculum involves a rich program of core and elective options with a major focus on natural resources throughout the K-12 system.
The district serves the unincorporated communities of Days Creek, Milo, Tiller and Drew, with a combined population of approximately 1,000 residents. The school system welcomes students from outlying communities as well. The area is surrounded by scenic farm land, mountains and forests. Recreational activities abound including boating, hunting, fishing, hiking, camping and wildlife watching. Days Creek is located eight miles northeast of Canyonville and approximately 100 miles north of the Oregon/California border along the scenic South Umpqua River.
All applicants will provide the following documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format. For more information or to apply, visit the OSBA website at www.osba.org/execjobs. These materials must be submitted via email to Sarah Herb, OSBA executive search and events specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on January 10, 2019.
• Letter of Interest (Limited to 2 pp explaining how you meet the qualifications)
• Completed Application Form (see OSBA website)
• Current Resume
• Copy of current administrative license
• Letters of Reference (3-5 required)
• A 500 word (or less) essay on the following topic: In your previous educational experience, share 1 or 2 examples where you have demonstrated the ability to improve student academic performance. Include the situation(s), the action(s) you took and the result(s). Please be specific and use appropriate data, if available, to illustrate your point.
For more information or to apply, visit the OSBA website at www.osba.org/execjobs
For information regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches
email@example.com • 503.588.2800 • 800.578.6722
For questions regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.588.2800 • 800.578.6722
Days Creek School District is an equal opportunity employer.