This position assists teaching staff in high school (grades 9-12) classroom settings by performing instructional tasks one-on-one with students and in small student groups. Also provides student supervision in various settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Follows and maintains knowledge of all District policies and procedures.
2. Assists high school students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments including, but not limited to reading, math and writing groups.
3. Works directly with high school students with a variety of special needs.
4. Assists in implementing Individual Education Plan (IEP) modifications at teacher’s request.
5. Assists high school students individually or in small groups to reinforce and follow-up learning activities.
6. Attends mainstream classroom(s) to assist special education students in achieving instructional and behavioral goals and providing supplemental support.
7. Escorts and supervises assigned students to various activities including, but not limited to PE, counseling, breaks, lunch, library, and field trips.
8. Assists students with tracking assignments.
9. Supervises and assists high school students operating the coffee cart.
10. Supervises high school students and maintains discipline in the absence of the teacher during classroom activities in a variety of school settings, on field trips and at lunch and breaks, ensuring safety and security at all times.
11. Maintains student records, attendance records and files.
12. Maintains safe environment for students at all times.
13. Follows prescribed daily schedule as outlined by the teacher.
14. Assists the teacher in grading papers, recording behavior data, and record keeping.
15. Confers with teaching staff on student progress.
16. Assists the teacher in the set-up and maintenance of the classroom, materials and supplies.
17. Assists the teacher in scheduling, calendaring, attending and assisting with appropriate meetings and completion of paperwork as requested by the teacher.
18. Assists the teacher in developing educational materials (copying, typing, laminating, etc.).
19. Assists students with managing behaviors, de-escalation and resolving conflicts.
20. Participates effectively at required meetings with teacher and other support staff using appropriate social skills, problem solving and conflict resolution strategies.
21. Assists teachers and students with progress monitoring, formative and summative assessments as directed by teacher.
22. Attends to self care needs of students including, but not limited to lifting, feeding, toileting, and hygiene.
23. Administers medication within the scope of District policy (ies), state and federal law.
24. Evaluates student injuries, determines course of action, performs minor first aid and completes required paperwork in compliance with District policy (ies).
25. Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required.
26. Complies with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
27. Maintains positive interactions with students, parents, and staff.
28. Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff and community.
29. Attends work regularly and is punctual.
John F. Kennedy High School Transitions Program
7:30 am – 3:00 pm
POSTING DATE: March 14, 2019
PAY RANGE: $12.19 - 15.79 per hour
Benefits include: District-paid premium for medical, vision and dental HSA-compliant plans. District pays PERS and contributes to HSA annually for full-time employees.
CONTRACT LENGTH: hire through June 13, 2019
• Completed 2 years of college or hold an Associate or higher degree, or successfully passed the local Paraprofessional Academic Assessment
• Personal care 1:1 experience preferred
• Previous experience supervising children preferred
• Bilingual preferred
To apply, please submit an online application via the Talented Ed/SchoolSpring website at https://mtangel.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. A link can be found on our website at www.masd91.org
Return completed application along with:
• Letter of interest
• Three current letters of recommendation
Only complete applications will be considered
DEADLINE:Position open until filled. Applications will be screened as they are received and interviews will begin when the District believes it has received sufficient qualified applications.
START DATE: asap
CONTACT: Jill Holland, Administrative Assistant
PO Box 1129
Mt. Angel, Oregon 97362
Phone: 503.845.2345 Fax: 503.845.2789