Principal - Mulino Elementary School
220 Day Contract
2019-20 School Year
Open until filled
Screening of applications will begin April 19, 2019.
To apply: https://molalla35.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Molalla River School District is actively seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Elementary School Principal. The successful candidate will collaboratively lead staff and maintain instructional leadership ensuring the success all students and the implementation of a positive school culture. Our principals are strong facilitators and communicators, skilled at energizing groups of people to achieve common objectives. You will communicate frequently and effectively with all stakeholders and ensure human and fiscal resources are aligned with our primary purpose: exceptional student learning. You will have strong listening skills and be supportive of your team while promoting a widely shared belief that every child is an exceptional learner who deserves expert instruction in a positive school environment. You will be prepared to bring your skillset to bear on K-12 leadership opportunities based on district need.
The most competitive candidates will have demonstrated successful experience in the following:
• Elementary school leadership/administration.
• Leading in a racially, culturally and linguistically diverse community.
• An understanding of special education processes and protocols.
• Expertise designing and maintaining school climate that promotes positive student behavior.
• Inspiring, leading and managing change that results in increased student achievement and community engagement.
• A demonstrated history of building and maintaining trusting relationships with staff, parents, students and district stakeholders.
You will also have:
• A passion for serving elementary school children and families.
• A sense of humor.
• A balanced value for school culture and continuous school improvement.
• A commitment to visible, active engagement with students, staff, families and the community.
• Strong organizational skills to facilitate continuous refinement of school improvement efforts.
• An authentic and transparent personality.
• Positive attitude.
• Experience as an exceptional elementary school educator.
• A growth mindset when leading for student and adult success
• Hold, or be able to obtain, an Oregon Administrative license.
• Record of increasingly responsible education positions.
• Understanding of Oregon curriculum standards.
Required Application Materials:
Candidates should upload the following documents to complete their Recruit and Hire application prior to submission:
• Letter setting forth personal qualifications, experiences and reasons for interest in this position
• Current Resume
• A minimum of three letters of recommendation with at least one from the most recent direct supervisor
• Statement of Educational Philosophy
• Statement of Leadership Style