TITLE: Teacher of Deaf/Hard of Hearing
POSITION GOAL: Provide specialized instruction to assigned Deaf/Hard of Hearing children.
ESSENTIAL 1. Diagnose, prescribe, design and implement instruction for each
FUNCTIONS: child as determined by the IEP.
2. Diagnose, prescribe, design, and implement instruction for communication problems, including implementation of effective aural management and auditory training programs.
3. Utilize behavior management for instruction of appropriate personal and social behaviors.
4. Implement and/or organize language therapy based on the child’s needs.
5. Advise school personnel, parents and community members as to special need of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing child.
6. Organize, schedule and support inclusion of D/HH students in regular classroom and extra curricular activities as appropriate.
7. Schedule and supervise interpreters assigned to students on caseload.
8. Coordinate, participate, and/or lead referral, eligibility, IEP and placement meetings for assigned children.
9. Complete all reports, documentation and requests for information in the manner and timeline specified.
10. Establish and maintain positive, flexible, and cooperative relationships with ESD and local school district staff.
11. Participate in professional growth activities.
12. Comply with local district and ESD policies and procedures.
13. Perform physical requirements unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation.
14. Perform job related tasks as designated by coordinator/supervisor.
15. Establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with SOESD employees, local education agency representatives and others contacted during the course of the workday.
1. Teaching experience and/or practicum involvement with normal
2. Teaching experience and/or practicum involvement with Deaf/Hard of Hearing students.
3. Oregon license as Teacher of Hearing Impaired.
4. Demonstrate sign language communication skills.
LENGTH OF POSITION: 190 days
SALARY: Per Collective Bargaining Agreement
IMMEDIATE D/HH Department Chair with appropriate involvement of the Regional SUPERVISOR: Programs Coordinator.
If interested in seeking employment for this SOESD position, please apply directly by visiting our website at www.soesd.k12.or.us/job_openings and look for posting #1112. Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application. To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website. The SOESD is an equal opportunity employer. SOESD provides a competitive salary and benefit package.