Apply NOW at WWW.NWRESD.ORG thru the "JOBS" tab!
Position: Coordinator of Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education
Department: Special Student Services
Location: Columbia Service Center
Reports To: Director of Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education Program
Salary: Administrative Salary Schedule
Start Date: July 8, 2019
Job Post Closing date: July 1, 2019
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In Partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position is responsible to coordinate Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education programs as assigned, and to provide a broad continuum of services to children birth to kindergarten age under the mandates of state and federal laws (PL99-457 and PL 1 01-4 76). These programs are implemented in accordance with ESD policies and procedures, Oregon statutes and administrative rules, and federal laws and regulations. These programs must also be consistent with and supportive of the instructional programs carried out in the local districts in which the ESD is operating.
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Valid Oregon Administrator's License
2. Valid Oregon Driver's License and vehicle insurance
3. Related experience as a teacher or administrator
4. Strong communication skills (written and oral)
5. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
6. Willingness to work hours as needed to meet the needs of the local school districts and the
Related Services program
8. Ability to work with diverse populations
9. Ability to understand and effectively work with state and federal budgetary resources
10. Strong decision making abilities.
11. Creative and collaborative problem solving abilities.
12. Special Education Background
Essential Functions: Include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other Duties may be assigned.
1. Coordinate and supervise the delivery of NWRESD's Early Intervention and Early Childhood Special Education services as assigned
2. Collaborate with Related Services Department and Schools Department administrative staff in the smooth and effective delivery of services to component districts
3. Regular and punctual attendance for dally work schedule and meetings that may occur before or after the regular workday
4. Assure program operation consistent with program model and in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, and NWRESD procedures and guidelines
5. Provide support to staff to meet changing needs of students and programs, including goal setting, development of a wide variety of effective instructional/evaluation strategies, classroom/student management, record keeping, and other identified needs
6. Consult with and respond to the needs of local districts related to EI/ECSE. Provide advice and guidance on EI/ECSE matters to local districts when requested
7. Serve as liaison between the ESD and the Oregon Department of Education and other state and federal agencies and organizations as assigned
8. Prepare and submit required project proposals and reports for NWRESD on matters relating to programs/ services overseen
9. Participate in the selection, assignment, professional development and supervision evaluation of assigned personnel (licensed and classified) according to NWRESD policy and guidelines
10. Develop and monitor program budget; monitor expenditures to stay within budgetary guidelines
11. Serve as a member of the ESD's Leadership Team
12. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Note: The description contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
NWRESD believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. The administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department. It is our expectation that every employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the ESD's goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NWRESD recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of NWRESD that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, marital status, age, veterans status, genetic information or disability in any educational programs, activities, or employment.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact the Chief Human Resources Officer at 503-614-1407 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.