POSITION GOAL: Manage technology infrastructure and services to support SOESD, school districts, and other organizations.
POSITION SUMMARY: Southern Oregon ESD (SOESD) is seeking a highly collaborative leader to serve as the district’s Chief Information Officer (CIO), to manage technical operations, and to support the technical needs of SOESD and the organizations we serve. The CIO leads multiple technical teams to support teaching and learning, as well as the administrative, business, and other technology needs of multiple organizations.
SOESD is seeking candidates with extensive business and technical skills to perform cost modeling of technical implementations and to develop and deploy innovative services. The successful candidate should have a sharp focus on supporting educational outcomes, while promoting efficient organizational operations and delivering services that are both cost-competitive and highly stable. The CIO should be an astute manager of both fiscal and human resources, leading teams of professionals to support services such as the help desk call center, data center operations, ISP services, low voltage and electrical wiring, online and distance learning, SaaS, software development, security systems, VoIP, and both wired and wireless networking.
As part of a collaborative leadership team, the CIO will support strategies to increase student learning through the use of technology in personalized and blended teaching and learning environments to support curriculum, instruction, and assessment, such as classroom technology integration, distance and online education, digital curriculum, data dashboard, and online assessment. Experience with digital curriculum, Visions accounting system, VMware, and various education technology systems is preferred.
If you are interested in being a part of a dynamic team that provides innovative and expert services to students, families, and districts in the communities we serve, we invite you to apply for our Chief Information Officer position.
1. Provide regional leadership to support federal, state, and local initiatives.
2. Coordinate programs to support priorities of SOESD, local districts and other organizations.
3. Manage technology infrastructure and delivery of services to support teaching and learning, as well as business, administrative, and data services.
4. Collaborate with SOESD departments, school districts, and other organizations to interpret, synthesize, and forecast changing needs, then evaluate, recommend, create, and implement valued and efficient services to meet those needs
5. Vision, create, market, and implement entrepreneurial services to increase revenue.
6. Manage technical, fiscal, and human resources to ensure effective service delivery.
7. Manage projects by developing cost models, ensuring prerequisites, determining milestones, and managing milestone attainment, on schedule and within budget.
8. Assist with technical support, programming, and database maintenance.
9. Make effective group presentations to diverse audiences and organizations, and facilitate consensus at meetings of diverse stakeholders.
10. Lead, supervise, support, and provide evaluation of staff.
11. Plan, interpret and implement budget.
12. Use professional communication and conduct to establish and maintain effective, high-trust relationships with staff, parents, community, local districts, and other agencies.
13. Comply with SOESD and partner organizations’ rules, policies and procedures.
14. Participate in professional growth activities.
15. Perform physical requirements unaided or with assistance of reasonable accommodation.
16. Other duties as assigned.
1. Valid Oregon Driver License.
2. Valid Oregon Teaching License preferred.
3. Valid Oregon Administrative License preferred.
4. A+ and Network+ certification.
5. Bachelor of Science degree (Master of Science in education,
business services, computer science, information systems, security,
networking, or applicable field preferred).
6. Three or more years of successful staff / IT project management
experience (5+ years preferred).
7. Demonstrated ability to maintain professional communication and
conduct, high-trust relationships, and impeccable customer service.
The equivalent combination of experience, training, certification,
education or degree that provides the required knowledge, skills and
abilities may be used as an alternative to prerequisites.
LENGTH OF POSITION: As designated by supervisor.
HOURS PER WEEK: 40 hours per week at 260 days per year
SALARY: Salary based on qualifications and experience.
If interested in seeking employment at Southern Oregon ESD, please apply directly by visiting our website at http://www.soesd.k12.or.us/jobssoesd/ openings and look for posting # 1148.
Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application. To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website.
The SOESD is an equal opportunity employer. SOESD provides a competitive salary and benefit package.