Assistant Director of Teaching & Learning
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
240-Day Work Year (July through June)
General Description of the Position: The Assistant Director of Teaching and Learning reports to the Director of Teaching and Learning and is responsible for leadership, supervision, coordination of services, development of professional development, and technical assistance to Clackamas County school district educators.
Teaching and Learning works with educators throughout Clackamas County and Oregon to maximize student learning through professional development, consultation, demonstration lessons, feedback to teachers, and collaborative coaching. Areas of expertise include Common Core State Standards implementation, literacy, mathematics, social sciences, differentiated instruction, curriculum mapping and alignment, using data for instructional improvement, educational technology, and classroom assessment. We work to improve student achievement by investing in all students, teachers, classrooms, schools and districts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
1. Assists with the supervision, development, design and facilitation of professional development and training in support of ESD and component district professional learning goals.
2. Provides leadership and technical assistance to school and district staff in the areas of curriculum, instruction, and personalized learning. Includes: Standards prioritization and deconstruction, curriculum alignment, materials adoptions, program evaluation, integration of technology, and other processes in response to student needs and district requests.
3. Works collaboratively with ODE, School-age Special Education programs, Early Childhood Education, Technical Services, and component district leadership to develop and deliver aligned instructional programs and supports in the service of equity and all students in Clackamas County.
4. Assists with the development and oversight of innovative and personalized learning initiatives and supports at the direction of the Director. These include (but are not limited to) implementation of learning management systems, flexible learning spaces, Makerspace, and competency based assessment systems.
5. Helps identify, develop, and administer grants as appropriate.
6. Assures integration of instructional best practices into all ESD sponsored professional development activities.
7. Provides other appropriate curriculum, instruction, assessment, and evaluation services requested by school and district educators.
1. Master’s degree in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Administration/Leadership or related field
2. Currently holds or ability to obtain an Oregon administrative license
3. At least 3 years K-12 teaching experience
4. Recent successful supervisory experience
5. Demonstrated ability to develop sound and cost effective fiscal plans and manage resources
6. Demonstrated ability to work with a team toward common goals
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate roles and responsibilities to subordinates
8. For a complete list of minimum qualifications, please see full job description
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves all school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville. These districts range in size from about 650 to 17,500 students. There are approximately 57,500 students in the ten school districts. Clackamas ESD offers a comprehensive set of services through the following departments: Teaching & Learning; Technology Services; Special Education Services, and Early Learning. Constituent school districts annually approve the programs and services provided by CESD. Clackamas County stretches from Mt. Hood to the Willamette Valley. Our close proximity to the Portland metropolitan area offers easy access to cultural events, restaurants, and shopping. For more information about Clackamas County, visit: https://www.mthoodterritory.com/
TO APPLY: Go to https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/ for the District's online application system
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary: Based on education and experience
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers exceptional benefit packages that include health, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance including HRA options, and district paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave and other personal paid leave provided. Retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and generous professional development allocation.
Commences: As soon as practical after offer
Pre-Employment Background Check Conducted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.