Under supervision of a designated supervisor, drives a school bus in transporting students to and from school and school approved school activities. Does related work as required. A school bus driver operates a school bus in a highly skilled manner in transporting students to and from school on regular daily runs in accordance with state laws and regulations. Compensation depends on experience.
Supervisor of the Transportation Department
• Classes or experience equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade and the ability to read, write and understand the English language.
• Possession of a valid Oregon School Bus Drivers License or permit. Hold current first-aid card.
• Criminal history clearance.
• Preferably some experience in driving heavy motor vehicles.
• Knowledge of: laws, rules, and regulations governing the operation of a school bus; traffic signs and devices; safe motor vehicle driving techniques; State and District rules regarding traffic safety, student discipline and passenger loading.
• Ability to: operate a motor vehicle in a safe and lawful manner; maintain student management/control while underway.
• Able to make clear, brief, factual written and oral reports.
• Have a good driving record and pass a physical exam as required by Oregon State Department of Education for the issue of a School Bus Driver’s License.
• Pass a drug test.
• Exhibit positive and cooperative attitude.
All applicants must send a letter of application, resume, copy of driver certification and completed application form to: Superintendent Brian Gardner, PO Box 200, Halsey, Oregon 97348. Application forms may be obtained at 32433 Hwy 228, Halsey, the District’s website or by calling 541-369-2813.
If you have a disability and need this publication in an alternate format, please contact Dena Crowell at 541-369-2813 ext. 3222. Central Linn School District is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Oregon Fingerprinting law is present district policy. Speech/hearing impaired applicants may contact the District for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 1-800-735-9200. The district’s web site is: http://www.centrallinn.k12.or.us.