*Salary: $131,947 (based on 2018-19 Salary Schedule)
Contract Days: 230
Opening Date: Monday, September 9, 2019
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Start Date: November 1, 2019
* Salary will be pro-rated based on hire date.
The Centennial School District is seeking a proven Educational Leader to become the Director of Curriculum and Student Learning beginning November 1, 2019.
The position of Director of Curriculum and Student Learning is for the purpose/s of implementing and maintaining curriculum and assessment in conformance with District and State objectives; providing written support and/or conveying information; serving as a resource to other school personnel, the Board and other districts; maintaining adequate staffing to ensure objectives of programs and services are achieved within budget guidelines; as well as leading the District continuous improvement processes.
Education: Masters Degree in Educational Administration or the equivalent, Curriculum & Instruction preferred. Oregon Administrator License required.
Experience: The successful candidate will have demonstrated successful school building leadership experience and culturally competent practices. District level leadership preferred.
Skills: Skills to manage personnel and programs, communicate effectively, and possess problem-solving skills
Knowledge of curriculum, education codes, district policies and best practices.
Ability: To speak a second language preferred. Abilities to sit for prolonged periods, lead and facilitate meetings, teams and workshops.
See complete job description (attached) for full experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities required for this position.
To be considered for the position, applicants are required to submit application materials to the Human Resources Department. A complete application will consist of the following:
1) Centennial School District Administrator Application (download from District website, www.csd28j.org);
2) Letter of Interest;
3) Current Resume;
4) Three (3) Current Letters of Recommendation;
5) Copy of Oregon Administrative License (or verification of process to obtain a TSPC Oregon license);
6) Unofficial Transcript(s) of undergrad/grad coursework. If employed, the candidate will be required to submit official transcripts in sealed envelopes from the institution(s);
7) Writing Sample – Below are three (3) questions that will assist us in getting to know you. Please write to the extent you feel is necessary to cover the issues and express your beliefs.
A. Centennial School District has a board adopted equity policy built around the belief that "Race/ethnicity, economic circumstance, primary language and special needs do not predict academic success." How does this fit (or not) with your personal beliefs? How does it apply to the Director of Curriculum & Student Learning position?
B. The District is about to undertake a K-12 curriculum adoption for English/Language Arts. Describe the process you would use to accomplish this.
C. The District's K-5 Math adoption is implemented inconsistently across the District. A stated goal of the District is consistent implementation. What steps might you take to support more consistent implementation?
TWO (2) WAYS TO APPLY:
1) Email (preferred) – Applicants may submit materials to: email@example.com
2) Hard Copy Application – Applicants may submit materials, via hardcopy, to 18135 SE Brooklyn St, Portland, OR 97236
Centennial School District practices equal employment opportunity and treatment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran's status, genetic information, and disability if the employee is able to perform the essential functions of the position.