Eagle Point School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Eagle Point, Oregon
Enrollment: 4,200 students
Base Salary: $140,000 to $160,000 annually plus benefits
Closing Date: January 15, 2020
Start Date: July 1, 2020
About the Position
The Eagle Point School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as superintendent. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following qualities:
• Committed to serving ALL kids and putting children first in all decisions;
• Respectful of all groups with a set of strong core values including a high degree of integrity and honesty;
• Background in teaching and building administration at multiple levels;
• Superintendent experience is strongly desired;
• Promotes effective, transparent, two-way communication while demonstrating good listening skills;
• Continue to expand strong, effective community/business partnerships that impact student success;
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; willing to listen and value the experts in the classroom/school;
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus, empowers and inspires while building a respectful work environment across the district;
• Willing to honor the current good work throughout the district (i.e. AVID, instructional/grad coaches, 21st century technology/learning strategies, etc.);
• Committed to building a safe, welcoming, inclusive, and tolerant school organization integrating ALL communities within the Eagle Point School District;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Willingness to make a long-term commitment to the district/community;
• Highly visible; actively participates in school and community activities;
• Willing to continue to build on comprehensive educational programs with an emphasis on curricular and extra-curricular programs.
About the District
The Eagle Point School District provides a comprehensive Pre-K-12 academic and activity program for approximately 4,200 students in one high school, one alternative school, two middle schools, one K-8, four elementary schools and one charter school. The District employs a staff of 208 certified employees, 237 classified employees, eight confidential employees, five supervisors and 19 administrators with a general operating fund of approximately $51 million. The District boasts a 1:1 Apple iPad initiative, instructional coaches in every building, dual language program in preschool through 4th grade, and is operating with a balanced, sustainable budget for the past decade which offers stability for all programs and all staff members. The Eagle Point School District is an AVID district and has a state recognized attendance initiative.
About the Community
The Eagle Point School District is located in the beautiful Rogue Valley of Southern Oregon near Medford offering experiences in all four seasons which means always something waiting to be discovered. Experiences include the wild and scenic Rogue River, the Ashland Shakespeare Festival, the Pacific Crest Trail, the Robert Trent Jones designed golf course, the Mt. Ashland Ski Resort and the Britt Festivals in Jacksonville Oregon. The City of Eagle Point has been one of the fastest growing in Oregon. In the last decade or so, its population has doubled to about 8,500 people. Modern day Eagle Point continues to be a great place to live and raise children because of its small town charm, excellent schools, and beautiful surroundings. Many notable celebrities have called Eagle Point home including Ginger Rogers, Patrick Duffy and Kim Novak.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com
Regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches
firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.588.2800 • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist email@example.com • 503.400-3047 (direct) • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Eagle Point School District is an equal opportunity employer.