The North Wasco County School District 21, The Dalles, Oregon, Board of Directors, is seeking a highly qualified and fully certified Superintendent. The Board wishes to have the successful candidate assume the responsibilities of the position July 1, 2021.
McPherson & Jacobson, L.L.C., Executive Recruitment and Development has been engaged as the consultant in a search for outstanding candidates. They will assist the Board of Directors in identifying and screening the candidates.
Location: 90 miles east of Portland
The candidate must have the background, skills, and abilities essential for excellence in educational leadership. The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of the most important decisions it will make. The Board developed the following desired characteristics.
• The North Wasco County School District is seeking a servant leader who is dedicated to equity and high levels of achievement for all students.
• The ideal candidate is skilled in social-emotional learning and a best practice, research-based, dynamic leader.
• The next superintendent will be a connector, outgoing, approachable and has superior communication skills.
• The District seeks an innovator with the ability to look at the effectiveness of current programs and practices and has the ability and experience to make the changes necessary to propel student learning, especially for the underserved.
• The District seeks a superintendent that has experience with capital improvement bonds.
• The new superintendent should have experience with dual immersion programs.
• A superintendent who is bilingual in Spanish is desired.
• The next Superintendent will have proven experience leveraging non-traditional revenue sources to enhance and expand district programming.
• Closing date for applications: December 9, 2020 (11:30 p.m. central time)
• Board of Directors selects finalists to interview: Week of January 4, 2021
• Interviews with the Board of Directors: Week of January 11, 2021
• Selection of new Superintendent: Week of January 18, 2021
• Start date: July 1, 2021