In support of NWRESD’s mission, values and goals, the Director of Innovation and Improvement is responsible for the leadership and administration of Instructional Services Department programs involving region-wide instructional improvement efforts. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Instructional Services (and in collaboration with the Director of Professional Learning and Director of Research, Assessment & Evaluation), the Director of Innovation and Improvement will improve educational access and outcomes for students across the region through innovative program development and administration. The Director will team effectively to create internal structures that encourages data- and research-informed collaboration, leadership development, and resource maximization. This position will collaborate across the NWRESD to elevate culturally sustaining school culture and pedagogies. The Director will heighten research-based programming that improves the educational outcomes across the NWRESD region while closing academic disparities for historically marginalized groups and individuals.
1. Any combination of education and/or experience that provides the applicant with the knowledge and skills required to perform the job will be considered:
a. Masters Degree in Education or related field;
b. 5-7 or more years of management experience in public and/or non profit education settings.
c. Commitment to obtaining an TSPC administrative license with support from NWRESD
2. Demonstrated commitment to the belief that all students can learn, to educational equity, anti racist principles and to the NWRESD’s vision and mission.
3. Experience applying equity principles to transform institutional culture
4. Background leading teams in cross department work through strategic planning and continuous improvement design, implementation, and evaluation.
5. Demonstrated experience coaching and supporting leaders in their development.
6. Proven experience in collaborating in an environment with diverse individuals and group identities.
7. Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with NWRESD and component district staff, the Oregon Department of Education, parents, and community partners.
8. Experience collaborating with colleagues at different levels of the educational continuum, such as early learning professionals, K-12 teachers and administrators and Higher Education faculty.
9. Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and synthesize information and ideas and to present oral and written reports in a manner appropriate to audiences with diverse backgrounds.
10. Independent self starter with an entrepreneurial mindset.
11. Experience managing public and grant budgets as well as multiple priorities, leading and supervising staff, adapting to change, and meeting timelines.
12. Proven ability to develop partnerships and maintain effective professional relationships with supervisors, staff, peers, policymakers and related community organizations.
13. Excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Innovation and Improvement:
● Provides leadership in curriculum, instruction and assessment practices.
● Demonstrates leadership as an anti-racist, equity-driven, lead learner.
● Manages federal programs including the Migrant Education Program.
● Administers the English Language Learner Program.
● Provides supervision and leadership coaching support to regional efforts such as the NW Early Learning Hub, NW Regional Child Care Resource and Referral, NW Promise, and NW STEM Hub,
● Supervises attendance initiatives
● Prepares and presents reports and professional learning to a broad cross-section of internal and external stakeholders for the purposes of improving student outcomes and operational efficiency
● Prepares reports and recommendations for the Superintendent and Board of Education as needed to inform decision making and to comply with state and federal regulations and service district policies, including documentation of progress toward agency, state, and federal accountability standards.
● Collaborates with various NWRESD senior administrators and leaders on various projects and initiatives.
● Coordinates and aligns initiatives with component school districts’ needs.
● Coordinates and aligns improvement efforts with the Department of Education, when appropriate.
● Produces reports related to grant applications, monitoring, and summarize assessments.