Marcola School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Marcola, Oregon
Enrollment: 670 students (onsite+online)
Base Salary: $97,000 to $107,000 annually plus benefits
Closing Date: March 11, 2020
Start Date: July 1, 2020
About the Position
The Marcola School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent beginning July 1, 2020. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and demonstrate the following qualities:
• Effective and transparent communication; good listening skills; builds relationships
• Background in teaching and building administration at multiple levels; preferably in small rural communities with diverse populations similar to Marcola
• Puts KIDS first; is committed to serving all kids K-12
• High degree of integrity/honesty; respectful of all groups
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; willing to listen and trust the experts in the classroom/school
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills; preferably has experience implementing a bond
• An empowering leadership style that collaborates, builds consensus, empowers and inspires while building a respectful work environment across the district; willing to honor the current good work throughout the district
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success
• Organized, outgoing, works well with others and has a good sense of humor
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency)
About the District
The Marcola School District serves a total student population of about 670 (on-site + online), at the junior/senior high school (grades 6-12); in the elementary school (grades K-5); and over 350 students with Teach NW Charter School. The district has 61 staff members including the Superintendent, business office staff, high school principal, elementary principal, maintenance and transportation supervisor, athletic director, 19 licensed staff and 24 classified/support staff. The district operates its own transportation system and food services. The district's projected 2019-20 budget is $9.3 million. The community is supportive of the schools, the students and their activities. There is a strong commitment to maintaining this small but effective school district.
About the Community
Marcola is a small, rural community in the Upper Mohawk Valley located just 19 miles north and east of the I-5 corridor and the cities of Springfield and Eugene. This beautiful area is home to many families wanting their children to grow up in a rural setting with a small school environment. With its close proximity to two large Oregon cities there are numerous cultural and educational activities as well as all the services a family could require. The University of Oregon and Lane Community College, both in Eugene, provide additional educational opportunities for students and adults.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal:https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position or the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist email@example.com • 503.400-3047 (direct) • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Marcola School District is an equal opportunity employer.