Job Title: 1.0 FTE Principal, beginning for the 2020-21 school year.
The Village School is seeking an experienced, energetic, thoughtful, and ambitious educational leader who will collaborate with staff and have immediate positive impact on our innovative school.
The Village School is a public charter school serving 225 children in grades Kindergarten – 8th grade offering a curriculum inspired by Waldorf education and other holistic principles. Our mission is to provide an education that fully integrates the arts with an academic curriculum, guided by observations of child development that promote the healthy growth of the whole human being – the head (thinking), the heart (feeling), and the hands (willing). We offer schoolwide Title I services, with nearly 60% of children qualifying for free and reduced lunches. We have a nationally recognized lunch program that offers delicious and healthy meals to students and staff.
Our school strives to make decisions with input from all stakeholders, and the successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to realizing our mission through collaboration with the Executive Director, faculty and staff. We have a co-leadership structure with administrative duties shared with the Executive Director, requiring a collaborative attitude to lead the school. The Principal’s focus is on instruction, curriculum, professional development, faculty and staff evaluations, student and parent interactions, student safety and coordinating school events and activities. Both positions report directly to the Village School Board of Directors.
• Strong communication skills that establish positive, collaborative working relationships with and among students, staff, parents, and the community
• Demonstrated advancement in responsibilities and scope of work in education
• Personnel leadership in a school setting.
• Knowledge and experience in arts-integrated holistic curriculum and instruction, such as Waldorf preferred
• Knowledge of education code & school policies and philosophies.
• Experience supporting students and families with Individual Education Plans (IEPs) and 504s.
• Ability to communicate well in written and oral form and with persons of varied cultural and educational backgrounds.
• Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and implementation skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, email and online applications.
• Certified Oregon TSPC (Teacher or Administrative) Licensure required (may be obtained prior to commencement of job duties).
• Education: M.S./M.A./M.E.D. or higher preferred.
• First Aid, CPR, AED and Blood Borne Pathogens certification required.
• Abilities to sit for prolonged periods.
• Capacity to lift 40 lbs on occasion.
Annual Salary and Benefits:
• $68,700 – $90,000 DOE (7-year step scale based on experience as principal)
• 223-day contract
• Employer Paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
• Defined contribution and PERS defined benefit retirement coverage
Please e-mail a cover letter, application, resume, three letters of recommendation, copies of professional certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please view full job description and download application at http://www.eugenevillageschool.org/jobs-volunteering.
Guaranteed Review Date: March 2, 2020
The Village School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability. The Village School is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to workforce diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.