The Hermiston School District is seeking applicants for Director of Student Services.
The Director of Student Services is responsible for working with cabinet leadership in supporting the district’s mission and vision by carrying out management, administrative, and supervisory functions for the district’s student services including: counseling, social worker and health services.
1. Experience as an administrator and a minimum of three years of successful teaching experience.
2. A valid Oregon administrator’s license or ability to obtain one prior to start date.
3. Have experience in educational leadership, classroom management techniques and a variety of effective instructional strategies.
4. Have knowledge of best instructional practices to help all students achieve high standards.
5. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
6. Hold a Valid Driver’s License.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
1. Evidence of demonstrated participation and leadership in professional activities related to counseling and school social work.
2. Evidence of demonstrated participation and leadership in professional activities related to support services including counseling, school social work and school nurses.
3. Have experience working with external agencies and community organizations that provide support to our students.