Open: February 6, 2020 - Closes: February 24, 2020 at 8:00 AM
Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) or Administration classification depending on the successful applicant’s qualifications.
The La Grande School District is accepting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Behavior Coordinator/Coach. The Behavior Coordinator/Coach will provide support for school climate improvement and a positive approach to school-wide behavior across the whole district. This position will work with school staff to establish a positive learning environment that promotes a high level of achievement for a diverse population of students and will assist the Director of Special Education in design, coordination, and implementation of programs to support student learning and growth; and support students, staff and administration in the area of positive behavior management, behavioral supports and behavior interventions. This employee works with staff district-wide to develop an understanding of a variety of methods to improve student behavior. They also provide staff development activities, develop and assist teachers in facilitating the implementation of functional behavior assessment and plans. This position will start approximately August 4, 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as first responder when behavior needs arise to coach or coordinate services.
2. Observe, train, consult, and assist teaching staff and specialists in the development and implementation of individualized education programs (IEPs) for students with behavior needs.
3. Work collaboratively with all site principals to support staff with assessing and improving student behavior.
4. Support Director of Special Education in the management of services for students in behavior/ alternate placements
5. Plan, organize and implement professional development for certified and classified special education and general education staff
6. Assist Director of Special Education in the design and coordination of special education staff meetings (i.e. SSTs & PLCs).
7. Serve as the administrative designee for IEPs as assigned
8. Provide administrative support to principals, assistant principals and counselors in the area of student discipline of special education students
9. Provides functional behavioral assessments when appropriate.
10. Develop and facilitate the implementation of functional behavior plans.
11. Supports paraprofessionals assigned to students with difficult behaviors.
12. Completes data collection on behavior for tier 1, 2 & 3 tier movement.
13. Work cooperatively with community partners.
14. Performs other related work as required.
• Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in special education, school psychology or counseling, or equivalent experience and training in a related field
• A master’s degree is preferred
• A valid Oregon Teaching License with SPED endorsement, Counselor License, School Psychologist License or Administrative License
• A minimum of five years public school experience in at least one area of special education (autism, behavior) and/or Administration.
Employment, Salary and Benefits
If filled by a teacher (TOSA)
1. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE), approximately 188-day position. Position may include up to 15 days of extended duty contract.
2. Salary will depend on education and experience; benefits included. (A maximum of eight (8) years of previous qualifying teaching experience credit will be granted to licensed employees new to the District.)
If filled by an administrator
1. Placement on the La Grande School District Administrative salary schedule, ($75,132.33 - $88,030.95).
2. La Grande School District will support payment for health, dental and vision insurance premiums. Employer-paid PERS is provided to qualified employees.
1. Apply online at: Talent Ed - https://lagrande.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
2. Completed applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, La Grande School District, 1305 North Willow, La Grande, OR 97850 by 8:00 a.m. on February 24, 2020.
Reasonable accommodations for the application and interview process will be provided upon request and as required in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities may contact Laurie Batten, Administrative Assistant at 541-663-3212 for additional information or assistance. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the La Grande School District for assistance through the Oregon Telecommunication Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900 or 711.
La Grande School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged. Veteran’s preference shall be given.