The Salem-Keizer School District is looking for a dynamic educational leader to serve as one of two assistant superintendents in the school district. Salem-Keizer is the second largest school district in Oregon, serving over 42,000 students in 65 schools in the cities of Salem and Keizer, Oregon. Our assistant superintendents lead the equity, diversity and inclusion work for the district as we identify and close our outcome gaps for students. The assistant superintendents are the chief academic officers for the district, with a special focus on the analysis of growth and achievement related to school improvement plans, the development of equity-focused leaders and the execution of the district’s strategic plan and vision.
Primary Function: The Assistant Superintendent is one of two chief academic officers for the district. The Assistant Superintendent leads district initiatives that increase academic achievement for all students. The Assistant Superintendent oversees all aspects of teaching and learning in order to ensure equitable outcomes for all students.
The Assistant Superintendent represents the district and the Superintendent at public events in various capacities with other nonprofit, community-based organizations and government entities. The Assistant Superintendent represents the Superintendent’s office and is responsible to the needs of the Board, staff, community and parents.
• Master’s degree or equivalent training.
• Valid Oregon license: Superintendent.
• Five years of executive experience resulting in acquired skills in planning, organizing, and directing a major area of responsibility.
• Skill in the identification, development, implementation, and assessment of all instructional programs.
• Skill analyzing data and systems to improve student achievement.
• K-12 Central Office experience preferred.
• Proven experience in raising student achievement as a school principal.
Start Date: July 1, 2020
Salary Range: $135,031 - $151,896 Annually (2020-21 salary schedule)
Term of Employment: Permanent, 12 months
Salem-Keizer School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer