Pilot Rock Junior-Senior High School is seeking an outstanding Multi Subjects teacher beginning in August 2021. The school is located 15 miles south of Pendleton near the base of the beautiful Blue Mountains. We have a very cohesive, caring staff and Pilot Rock Junior-Senior High School is a wonderful place to work. We work on a four-day work schedule. The pay range for this position will be $39,313 - $70,316, depending on the applicant's experience and educational level.
The job description is as follows:
* Proper certification from Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
* Able to establish good relationships with students
* Able to promote academic achievement
* Develop and maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided by the district.
* Plan a program of study appropriate for the age, individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
* Account for individual student needs by participating in special education meetings and designing lessons that meet the individual needs of all students, including students with Individual Education Plans and Section 504 Plans.
* Develop instruction aligned with national, state, and school standards.
* Use a variety of instructional methods and materials to teach the subject matter required by the district.
* Assess the accomplishments of students regularly and maintain records of student progress.
* Take precautions to provide for health and safety of students and to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
* Work to maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning academic and behavioral progress.
* Cooperate with other staff members in planning curriculum and selecting instructional materials.
* Prepare budget requests for review by the superintendent/principal and deputy clerk.
* Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service trainings, and workshops.
* Maintain confidentiality regarding students, their records, and other relevant issues.
* Write lesson plans and instructions usable by substitute teachers.
* Be responsible for the supervision of students assigned to the class.
* Strive to achieve professional growth through a planned program designed to improve teaching ability.
* Serve as an appropriate role model for students in communications, actions, and appearance.
* Refer special problems involving students to the appropriate specialist or administrator.
* Handle routine student conduct and discipline problems.
* Supervise student or adult classroom aides when assigned to the classroom.
* Submit purchase orders as neeeded.
* Complete and turn in required forms and paperwork.
* Maintain an accurate inventory of all equipment and supplies in the teaching area.
* Comply with district performance standards as follows:
- Perform work in an efficient, organized, and quality manner.
- Be punctual, dependable, and complete assigned work in a timely manner.
- Follow instructions and accept suggestions in a positive manner.
- Work with others in a cooperative and positive manner.
- Demonstrate personal habits and maintain appearances that are positive models for our students.
- Deal with students and the public in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Take proper care and demonstrate a concern for supplies and equipment.
- Communicate with supervisor about concerns.
- Keep employee and school business confidential.
* Maintain a friendly and cooperative attitude around supervisors, staff, students, and the general public.
* Other duties as assigned by the principal.
Performance of this job will be evaluated by the building principal in accordance with procedures established by the Board.
A complete application packet includes the following documents:
* Oregon Statewide Teacher Application (https://oregon-teacher-application.pdffiller.com)
* Letter of Interest
* Current Resume
* 3-5 current references
* Other documents that may be of interest to the interview committee
Please email the application documents to District Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org. In lieu of email, application documents may be mailed to Pilot Rock School District, P.O. Box BB, Pilot Rock, OR 97868.
Thank you for your interest in Pilot Rock School District!