Southern Oregon ESD is seeking a Field Service Technician who is able to perform journeyperson level skilled electrical work in repair, alteration, construction, installation, and maintenance of electrical systems and equipment; and perform related duties as assigned from the Electrical Supervisor.
Duties include installation, maintenance, and repair of extended branch circuits, audio visual equipment, and intercom systems, network cabling, security cameras, and other electrical and limited energy systems and equipment. The successful candidate would also ensure electrical work performed at SOESD is in accordance with standard practices of the trade and in compliance with state and local regulations. A variety of shifts are available.
POSITION GOAL: Perform skilled duties in the design, maintenance, repair and installation of various school building low voltage systems. Assist with in-shop repairs of various types of electronic and electrical equipment.
1. Install, troubleshoot, test and repair of low voltage systems (i.e LAN; PA, CCTV, CCATV, Intercom).
2. Install, troubleshoot, test and repair of motors, control circuits, conduits and duct systems, light and power circuits appliances, generators, fans, heaters, fixtures, and media equipment.
3. Analyze load size circuits, raceways, and panel capacities and read blue print schematics.
Install necessary interior and exterior wiring for equipment and appliances.
4. Assist with in shop repairs of electronic equipment.
5. Install, test, and maintain storage batteries.
6. Attend training, workshops, in-services, and continuing education as requested by the department supervisor.
7. Assist in the training of other personnel in the department.
8. Maintain records on work performed.
9. Maintain inventory of stock and obtain necessary permits from local jurisdictions.
10. Preform physical requirements unaided or with reasonable accommodations.
11. Maintain regular and prompt attendance in the work place
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with five (5) years or more of related work experience. Prefer related specialist training certificate, electronics, trade, or formalized schooling or equivalent on-the-job training.
Follow oral and written directions. Communicate effectively in writing and speech.
Knowledge and ability to use computers and programs including, word processing, spreadsheets, databases and computer aided design.
1. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with persons contacted in the course of work.
2. Ability to perform skilled installation and repair of limited energy installations. Skilled use of test and repair equipment.
3. Ability to read building blueprints and electronic schematics.
4. Possess the following required licenses: Oregon Drivers, Oregon Limited Energy Limited Journeyman or equivalent.
5. Possess High School Diploma or GED
6. Working knowledge of building codes and standards as they relate to the job. Minimum five years trade experience.
7. Knowledge of safety procedures, guidelines and rules.
Employee in this position must have/be able to:
1. Lift and/or carry up to 40 lbs at waist height for short distances.
2. Occasionally lift and/or carry up to 94 lbs at waist height for short distances.
3. Occasionally lift 50 lbs overhead for short distances.
4. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a variety of trade tools.
5. Walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
6. See to perform assigned duties.
7. Push/pull up to 100 lbs. at shoulder height.
8. Bend at the waist, kneel, crawl, crouch and stoop.
9. Reach overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
10. Climb ladders and work from heights.
11. Drive 1-4 hours per day
Salary and Benefits*:
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) Classified position represented by the Oregon School Employees Association.
Beginning placement on the Southern Oregon ESD Classified Salary Schedule Range 15, Step 1-5; ($17.83 - $21.35 per hour) will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, relevant training and experience.
Annual Increases of Hourly Wages
Southern Oregon ESD contributes payments for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees. Employer-paid PERS, 9 paid holidays, a generous sick, vacation and discretionary (personal) leave packet is also provided to qualified employees.
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to $2142.00 per month (family coverage)
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses
Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity
403(b) through Carruth Compliance Consulting
Mercy Flights Membership
PERS - Public Employee Retirement System
Southern Oregon ESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee for PERS IAP fund (Individual Investment Accounts).
If interested in seeking employment at Southern Oregon ESD, please apply directly by visiting our website at http://www.soesd.k12.or.us/jobssoesd/ openings and look for posting #284.
Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application. To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website.
The Southern Oregon Education Service District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.