Southern Oregon ESD is seeking an Oregon licensed General Supervising Electrician for their Medford office, who is able to perform skilled preventive and corrective electrical work; plan, assign, coordinate and oversee the work of journey level staff and outside contractors. The employee chosen for this position will be responsible for all phases of electrical and limited energy wiring at SOESD and over 100 buildings in thirteen school districts in Southern Oregon. Duties include installation, maintenance, and repair of extended branch circuits, audio visual equipment, and intercom systems, network cabling, security cameras, and other electrical and limited energy systems and equipment. Ensure electrical work performed at SOESD is in accordance with standard practices of the trade and in compliance with state and local regulations; train maintenance staff on electrical work they are authorized to complete.Variety of shifts available.
POSITION GOAL: Perform skilled duties in the design, maintenance, repair and installation of various school building low voltage and electrical systems and equipment including intercom, sound, security, surveillance, network, television and projection. Perform new electrical installations or extend existing power circuits. Assist with in-shop repairs of various types of electronic and electrical equipment.
1. Perform skilled design, installation and repair of electrical and low voltage wiring, systems and equipment.
2. Performs and oversees at a journeyman level electrical and low voltage installations and subsequent inspections, as authorized by the State of Oregon Building Codes Agency and compliance with all regulating agencies.
3. Consult with school district personnel regarding various low voltage and electrical wiring, systems and equipment.
4. Assist with design, specification and estimation of various types of low voltage and electrical wiring, systems and equipment.
5. Perform in-shop repairs of electronic and electrical equipment.
6. Assist with the evaluation of various new products and tools as they relate to the job.
7. Receive and complete work orders, including pricing, estimation, billing and documentation of associated job information and work performed
8. Ensure guidelines are followed for accountability of service, maintenance and inventory of vehicles.
9. Assist in the training of other personnel in the department.
10. Obtain necessary permits from local jurisdictions.
11. Provide impeccable customer service.
12. Use professional communication and conduct.
13. Participate collaboratively as an effective team member within and between departments and other organizations.
14. Work cooperatively with other trades during remodel and construction.
15. Establish and maintain high trust regional relationships.
16. Comply with local district and ESD rules, policies and procedures.
17. Participate in professional growth activities, workshops, in-services, and continuing education.
18. Perform physical requirements unaided or with reasonable accommodations.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Oregon state license: Electrician, General Supervising Electrician.
3. Valid Oregon Driver License.
4. Ability to use computers and programs, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases and computer-aided design.
5. Ability to read building blueprints and electronic schematics.
6. Knowledge of safety procedures, guidelines and rules.
7. Ability to work in interior and exterior work sites with exposure to conditions that may include all types of weather, dust, noise, fumes, construction hazards, and hazardous materials.
8. Meet all district, local, state and federal standards for performing duties in work environment.
9. Professional communication & conduct and maintenance of high trust relationships.
The equivalent combination of experience, training, certification, education or degree that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be used as an alternative to prerequisites.
LENGTH OF POSITION: As designated by Supervisor
SALARY: Per Classified Collective Bargaining Agreement
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Administrator
Salary and Benefits*:
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) Classified position represented by the Oregon School Employees Association.
Beginning placement on the Southern Oregon ESD Classified Salary Schedule Range 22, Step 1-5; ($24.46-$29.26 per hour) will be commensurate with applicant’s qualifications, relevant training and experience.
Southern Oregon ESD contributes payments for health, dental and vision insurance premiums for qualified employees. Employer-paid PERS, 9 paid holidays, a generous sick, vacation and discretionary (personal) leave packet is also provided to qualified employees.
Includes medical, dental, vision & prescription insurance
Monthly premium deducted pre-tax
Southern Oregon ESD contributes up to $2142.00 per month (family coverage)
Health Savings Accounts for high deductible plans
Flexible Spending Accounts – medical, day-care expenses
Optional Coverage for Additional Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability Insurance through Aflac or American Fidelity
403(b) through Carruth Compliance Consulting
Mercy Flights Membership
PERS - Public Employee Retirement System
Southern Oregon ESD pays the 6% employee contribution on behalf of each employee
If interested in seeking employment at Southern Oregon ESD, please apply directly by visiting our website at http://www.soesd.k12.or.us/jobssoesd/ openings and look for posting #312.
Here you will find a complete job description, requirements and application. To be considered for this position, a formal application must be submitted through our website.
The Southern Oregon Education Service District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.