Eugene School District 4J is accepting applications for high school principals for the purpose of establishing an on-going pool of candidates. Qualified candidates will be contacted by 4J Human Resources for interviews/screening. Applications are for vacancies for the 2022/2023 school year.
The High School Principal serves as the educational leader and chief administrator of the high school, responsible for implementing and managing the policies, regulations, and procedures of the District to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe child-centered learning environment that meets and exceeds the State Core Curriculum Content Standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the High School Principal work collaboratively to lead and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents, members of the community, and colleagues in other districts and schools. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for planning, curriculum development, program evaluation, extracurricular activities, personnel management, financial management, emergency procedures, resource scheduling, and facilities operations.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and organizational skills and the ability to motivate people.
• Demonstrate excellent integrity and good moral character and initiative.
• Highly developed communications skills.
• Flexible, innovative, creative.
• Open-minded, honest, straight forward, fair and equitable.
• Highly organized and strong follow-through with tasks and promises.
• Ability to lead a diverse group of employees.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Ability to manage budgets and implement spending procedures and monitoring.
• Ability to interact with a broad and diverse population of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to develop curriculum and lead instructional programs.
• Experience differentiating practices for diverse populations.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse students, staff and community populations.
• Masters Degree in Education or related field and a valid Oregon TSPC Administrative License (or the ability to immediately obtain a license by the date of hire).
• Hold a valid driver's license with no serious violations.
• Have a minimum of seven (7) years experience in teaching and working with adults or adolescents.
• Have at least two (2) years excellent administrative experience as a Principal, Assistant Principal, or Central Office Administrator. Administrative experience should include a record of effective educational leadership, demonstrated commitment to a positive learning environment, excellent communication skills, and a strong commitment to educational equity.
• Bilingual proficiency and/or multicultural experience strongly preferred.
All qualified and interested candidates must apply using our online application system. To learn more or apply, please visit: