Yamhill-Carlton School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Yamhill, Oregon
Enrollment: 1,050 students
Base Salary: $120,000 to $135,000 annually
Closing Date: May 3, 2020
Start Date: July 1, 2020
About the Position
The Yamhill-Carlton School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Interim Superintendent beginning July 1, 2020. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The School Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate. The expected salary range is $120,000 to $135,000 annually. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
The Superintendent will have the following personal and professional qualities:
• Successful experience in leadership roles with staff, community and professional peers, preferably with similar sized communities as Yamhill-Carlton;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Scholarship, intelligence and excellent ability to plan and organize;
• Training, experience and success in personnel selection, evaluation and development;
• Knowledge of curriculum development, implementation and evaluation;
• Knowledge of business and support service systems which facilitate planning, control and accountability;
• Experience in administering collective bargaining agreements;
• Ability to motivate other administrators/staff and significantly involve them in the decision-making process;
• Strong management skills; and the desire and ability to motivate and innovate, taking advantage of the district’s strengths.
About the District
The Yamhill-Carlton School District is centrally located in the northern Willamette Valley between the Portland metropolitan area and the scenic Oregon coast. The district serves the communities of Carlton and Yamhill which are nestled at the eastern base of the Coast Range. The district serves 1,050 students with a comprehensive K-12 program in one high school (9-12), one intermediate (4-8) and one grade school (K-3). Yamhill-Carlton employs a staff of 45 licensed staff; 60 classified staff; 6 confidential staff; and five administrative staff. The district projects a general fund budget of approximately $11 million. Both Yamhill and Carlton are small farming towns which pride themselves on a strong community and vibrant downtowns. The area has a climate perfect for growing grapes and is known for producing award winning wine.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches (OSBA);
firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.485.4809 • 800.578.6722
Regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); email@example.com ; 503.400.3047 (direct) ; 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Yamhill-Carlton School District is an equal opportunity employer.