The specialist will provide for the special educational needs of identified students. Will be responsible for planning the child’s program by selecting specific activities, materials, and methods as related to diagnostic findings and recommendations of the evaluation team. The specialist accepting this assignment must have a thorough understanding of the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (PL 105-17); the ability to provide for the special education needs of identified students; and the ability to supervise students in the special education program. A successful candidate will have a successful track record of collaboration and communication among multiple stakeholders, as well as a committment to the success of all students.
Special Requirements: (Certification, training, specialty skills or previous experience)
1. Valid Oregon teaching license appropriate to the assignment, Special Education endorsement and Master’s degree required.
2. Bilingual or dual endorsed in ESOL, strongly preferred.
3. Previous experience in teaching students with special needs.
4. Must demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality.
5. Planning the student’s program by selecting specific activities, materials, and methods as related to diagnostic findings and recommendations of the evaluation team.
6. Scheduling students for time in inclusion opportunities and resource classes as required to implement and casemanage Individual Education Plans in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. ( IDEA)
7. Provide teachers with relevant information about students with special needs.
8. Conduct periodic plan review meetings according to District and federal regulations.
9. Communicate with parents frequently to discuss the child’s progress; and consults with other professionals and outside agencies regarding the child when appropriate.
Please apply at https://oregoncity.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Please attach all documents.
The probationary 1.0FTE position will work at both Candy Lane Elementary and Jennings Lodge Elementary schools.
This position will begin August 18,2020.
Oregon City School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, veteran's status, familial status, genetic information, and/or disability of employee, with or without reasonable accommodations if able to perform the essential functions of the position.