Corbett School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Corbett, Oregon
Enrollment: 1,250 students
Base Salary: $124,000 to $139,000 annually
Closing Date: July 7, 2020
Start Date: Aug. 1, 2020 (approx.)
About the Position
The Corbett School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Interim Superintendent beginning on or about August 1, 2020. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate, in the salary range of $124,000 - $139,000 annually prorated to actual start date.
The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license and demonstrate the following personal and professional qualities:
• Demonstrate an uncompromising and active commitment to anti-racism, equity, and the inclusion and safety of ALL students;
• Understand the importance of student learning in ALL academic and co-curricular areas and programs (including the fine and vocational arts, multi-age grouping, special education, distance learning, advanced placement, talented and gifted, etc.);
• Provides visionary leadership; demonstrates a thoughtful approach to positive collaboration and consensus building when working with diverse groups and individuals;
• Demonstrates strong decision-making and problem-solving abilities; can make unpopular decisions when necessary and communicated them clearly;
• Knowledge of and experience with developing/reforming policies that promote equity and inclusion at the district and classroom level;
• Demonstrate a commitment to educating the whole child, with a strong understanding of trauma informed care, social-emotional learning, and mental health issues that impact students and families;
• Displays a transparent communication style by utilizing all district tools to communicate with students, families, community members and staff;
• Is approachable, accessible and listens to others with an open mind and accepts differences of opinion;
• Understands Oregon school finance; demonstrates sound fiscal management and budgeting skills; has experience of managing budgets with shrinking resources;
• Has the highest level of personal integrity and honesty especially as it may apply to previous work experiences.
About the District
Corbett SD is a public charter school district and serves approximately 1,250 students in grades K - 12. District schools include one high, one middle, one grade, and one K - 8 school. The District employs a staff of 58 licensed staff, 27 classified staff, nine confidential and five administrative staff. The District projects a general fund budget of approximately $19 million. Corbett SD is widely recognized as one of the highest performing districts in Oregon serving students in three schools: Corbett Schools; Corbett Arts Program with Spanish; and Corbett Charter School. The District embraces a continuous progress model, multi-age instruction, place-based education, as well as a rigorous program known as Advanced Placement (AP) for ALL at the high school level. The AP for All program has received national attention with recognition by Newsweek and The Washington Post. Both publications identified Corbett HS as one of the top 10 schools for AP participation in the nation.
About the Community
Corbett is located in a picturesque setting along the historic Columbia River Highway at the entrance to the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, just 22 miles east of Portland. Primarily a rural community, with an ever increasing bedroom community for people who work in Portland, Corbett SD is the primary employer in the area. Year-round skiing at Mt. Hood is less than one hour away and the Oregon Coast Beaches are less than a two-hour drive.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
Regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches (OSBA);
firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.485.4809 • 800.578.6722
Regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist (OSBA); email@example.com ; 503.400.3047 (direct) ; 800.578.6722 (office); 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Corbett School District is an equal opportunity employer.