Whole Student Health Supervisor
Teaching & Learning
Full Time (8 hours per day, 5 days per week)
240-Day Work Year (July through June)
Preferred Qualification: Bilingual English/Spanish
Clackamas ESD strives to infuse equity in all our programs and bodies of work by maintaining an inclusive, barrier-free environment in which everyone participates and fully benefits.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in the job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be the one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact Human Resources to discuss your application.
General Description of the Position: The Whole Student Health Supervisor addresses the most critical health needs of students in Clackamas County schools, including both physical and social-emotional needs, to advance the equitable well-being, academic success and health of students, focusing on those most in need. The position has responsibility to reach out to districts throughout the county to coordinate and consult on the delivery of health care to students and may involve the administration of a school nursing program(s). The Whole Student Health Supervisor may also perform professional nursing services for students within the ESD. The position works collaboratively with the Mental Health Specialist at CESD to provide a full array of health consultation and services to Clackamas County schools and acts as liaison to stakeholder organizations and groups throughout the county and state. All services are provided within the context of standards of nursing practice and in accordance with State laws and regulations and district policies and procedures.
Program Description: Educators throughout Clackamas County and Oregon utilize Teaching and Learning’s services to maximize student learning through professional development, consultation, demonstration lessons, feedback to teachers, and collaborative coaching. We leverage resources to benefit students, educators, and the greater community by promoting successful teaching and learning.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - for a complete list of essential functions, refer to the job description.
1. Consults with Clackamas County school districts in regard to their nursing and student health programs to provide recommendations on best practices;
2. Evaluates services in the school health program(s) to plan for more comprehensive services for students;
3. Convenes school health professionals throughout the County to share information and best practices;
4. Liaisons with local and state officials regarding opportunities to increase health services to produce equitable outcomes for students;
5. Collaborates with groups and individuals who are stakeholders in student and community health;
6. See job description for complete list of essential functions
1) Registered Nurse through the Oregon State Board of Nursing
2) Possession of, or ability to qualify for, an Oregon School Nurse license through Teacher’s Standard and Practices Commission (TSPC).
3) Three (3) years of nursing experience in a public health setting
4) Bachelor’s Degree (required) in Public Health, Nursing, Nutrition/Dietetics, Social Work, Health Education, Public Administration or other similar field or related professional experience
* Possession of an Oregon teaching license through Teacher’s Standard and Practices Commission (TSPC)
* Master’s Degree (preferred) in in Public Health, Nursing, Nutrition/Dietetics, Social Work, Health Education, Public Administration or other similar field or related professional experience
* Qualitative and or quantitative research experience
* Classroom teaching experience
* Written and oral communication skills and proficiency in Spanish
Clackamas Education Service District is one of Oregon's 19 ESDs charged with providing programs for children with special needs, technology support, school improvement, and administrative services to local school districts and the Oregon Department of Education. Clackamas ESD serves ten school districts in Clackamas County, including Canby, Colton, Estacada, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, Molalla River, North Clackamas, Oregon City, Oregon Trail, and West Linn-Wilsonville.
TO APPLY: Submit your application directly at https://www.applitrack.com/clackesd/onlineapp/
Application Deadline: Priority consideration for applications received by August 3, 2020. Vacancy will remain open until filled as applicable.
Salary: Based on highest level of education and prior years of applicable experience.
Benefits: Clackamas ESD offers a generous benefit package providing health insurance including HRA options, dental with orthodontia, and vision insurance, with district-paid premium contributions. Paid holidays, sick leave, vacation time off, and other personal leave provided, along with retirement through the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and professional development allocation.
Commences: August 2020
Clackamas Education Service District is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce along with the students and families that we serve.
Clackamas ESD policy provides veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law.