The Business Manager provides the financial leadership necessary for creating and maintaining conditions for a high level of credibility, accountability and efficiency within the district. With the goal of assuring the district’s financial well-being, the business manager assists in planning, organizing, directing and managing the overall financial and business functions. The person in this position also supervises employees in the district office and food service; serves as cash manager and investment officer; and provides the accounting for the district.
Open until filled. Application reviews will begin on 11/03/2020
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
• Serve as chief financial officer for the District, directing all administrative and financial functions of the district.
• Analyze data to improve school operations that support the district vision, mission and goals.
• Advise/consult superintendent on budget details.
• Coordinate the long-range financial planning for the District and preparation of financial forecasts.
• Obtain annual budget requirements for all departments and prepare annual budget document under the supervision of the superintendent.
• Monitor the district budget: review financial status reports, prepare and revise projections, ensure budgetary transactions comply with statutes governing public bodies, make recommendations on budget changes when necessary and administer a budget control system for the district.
• Coordinate all financial aspects of District elections for ballot measures and levy elections.
• Coordinate issuance of general obligation bonds and management of District debt.
• Provide and maintain adequate controls and safeguards to protect district funds and property.
• Develop and install accounting procedures; assist bookkeeping staff throughout the district in resolving financial affairs of the district.
• Prepare journal entries and posts to district books.
• Prepare a monthly cash flow report, comparing revenues and expenditures with budgeted and actual figures, and share report with the superintendent.
• Attend School Board meetings and make reports to the Board as directed by the superintendent.
• Serve as a member of the district’s administration team; attend and participate in administrative team meetings.
• Compile data for all state, federal and other required reports; complete and file all such reports.
• Direct completion of reports and payment of accounts payable.
• Direct the timely completion of monthly payroll.
• Annually, submit all financial records for audit, coordinate the audit process and prepare comprehensive annual financial report.
• Adhere to and enforce district, state, and federal laws, policies, procedures, and regulations. File all financial reports as required.
• Assist District Administrators and staff in understanding the District’s financial policies and goals and the implications of financial decisions.
• Support District representatives in employee collective bargaining and employee benefit and compensation administration.
• Serve on committees including negotiations and finance, as determined by Superintendent.
• Knowledge of eFinance through PowerSchool financial software; maintain user access and rights
• Maintain user access to ODE collections
• Supervise and manage food service program
• Oversee financials and state reporting for transportation department
Perform other such duties as assigned by the superintendent
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marginal duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Attends in-service trainings.
Supervises and directs the work of payroll/accounting clerk(s) as well as food service department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business, Accounting or related field. At least three years prior successful experience working in a school finance setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Works well with all district staff, the School Board, and other governmental agencies. Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others, open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
• LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one, and small group situations. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to provide leadership in building school district budget in cooperation with administration and staff.
• COMPUTER SKILLS: General knowledge of computer usage and ability to use standard school software, district accounting software, internet software, e-mail, spreadsheets and word processing software. Ability to proficiently use the following programs strongly preferred: MS Word, and Excel. Ability to type accurately and proficiently.
• OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Progressive thinking in the areas of business management and staff supervision. As well as the ability to appropriately communicate with school stakeholders and others including vendors.
See full posting and apply at: https://creswell.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx