Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District (OR)
Invites applications for the position of
Location: Lane County, Oregon (near Eugene)
Enrollment: 250 students (approx.)
Base Salary: $105,000 to $115,000 annually plus benefits
Closing Date: January 26, 2021
Start Date: July 1, 2021
About the Position
The Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District Board of Directors is seeking a highly qualified candidate with visionary leadership skills and successful experience in education administration to serve as Superintendent/Principal beginning July 1, 2021. The successful candidate must have experience as an administrator, excellent communication skills, unquestionable integrity and be willing to be involved in the community. The Board will offer a competitive compensation package to the successful candidate with an annual base salary range of $105,000 - $115,000 plus benefits. The successful candidate must hold or qualify for an Oregon superintendent's license.
The successful candidate also must demonstrate the following qualities:
• Puts KIDS first; serving K-12 students from all walks of life;
• Background in teaching and building administration (instructional leadership) preferably in small rural communities similar to Crow-Applegate-Lorane;
• High degree of integrity/honesty with strong core values;
• Effective communication and listening skills;
• Proven ability to make tough decisions when necessary and effectively communicate the reasons (transparency);
• Is personable/approachable while keeping an open mind; good sense of humor;
• Ability to build and sustain strong, effective family/community partnerships that impact student success;
• Understands Oregon school finance, demonstrates sound fiscal management and strong budgeting skills;
• Highly visible in our community and schools;
• Works well with others with a high-degree of cultural competency.
About the District
The Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District serves approximately 250 students in grades K-12 in one K-6 elementary school and one 7-12 middle/high school. The district employs 23 licensed staff; 21 classified staff; two confidential staff; and two administrative staff. The district has a bond and projects a general fund budget of approximately $4.6 million. The District has small class sizes with a student/teacher ratio of about 11:1.
About the Area
The Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District is nestled in the rural valleys of Crow and Lorane, just 15 minutes south and west of Eugene with easy access to Eugene’s urban facilities, employment opportunities and the University of Oregon.
• Completed Application form
• Current resume
• Cover letter of interest
• 3-5 current letters of reference
• Copy of administrator license or proof of eligibility to obtain one
• A statement about how you meet the qualities and qualifications set by the Board
How to Submit an Application
Application packets are submitted to Oregon School Boards Association – Executive Search (www.osba.org/execjobs) via the Revelus application portal (see the link below). All applicants will submit a candidate profile (completed when you create your Revelus account) and a completed application, as well as upload the other application material documents to the application portal. The application packet must be submitted by 5 pm on the closing day.
OSBA Revelus application portal: https://oregonschoolboards.myrevelus.com/
For information regarding the position, contact:
Steve Kelley, Director of Board Development and Executive Searches firstname.lastname@example.org • 503.588.2800 • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
For questions regarding the application process, contact:
Sarah Herb, Executive Search and Events Specialist email@example.com • 503.400.3047 (direct) • 800.578.6722 • 503.588.2813 (Fax)
Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District is an equal opportunity employer.