The Bethel School District Board of Directors is seeking a dynamic education leader to serve as superintendent for Bethel School District, located in northwest Eugene, Oregon. The chosen candidate will build upon a progressive instructional program to improve academic and opportunity outcomes for all students.
The new superintendent must possess excellent management and budgetary skills, outstanding communication abilities and a sincere willingness to collaborate with an experienced staff and an involved community.
Bethel believes in supporting the whole child and offers
• Counseling, Music, and PE Specialists in every school
• Free breakfast for all students, K - 12
• Middle School Robotics, Culinary and Digital Design programs
• Robust Career and Technical Education and college courses at Willamette HS
• Farm-to-school experiences for students through the Bethel Farm
• Trauma-informed and Restorative Practices implemented K -12
• Sources of Strength supported throughout the District
Bethel Schools are committed to creating safe, caring, mutually respectful environments where all students are honored and valued for their diverse cultural backgrounds, and strengths and abilities in every instructional practice and school activity to support academic achievement and student success.
Please visit the District website at http://www.bethel.k12.or.us/about/ for more information about Bethel School District.
The position will be offered to the candidate who best meets the following qualifications and characteristics:
Experienced Educator and Administrator
• Is committed to a "student first" philosophy in all decisions
• Possesses experience as a strong instructional leader with a record of success in past positions of improving achievement for all students
• Has excellent knowledge of best practices using data-driven strategies in decision-making processes and curriculum development
• Demonstrates knowledge of sound fiscal practices and management of District resources, including appropriate involvement of others in planning and decision-making with a commitment to transparent processes
• Emphasizes equity, inclusion, diversity and culturally responsive teaching, and possesses the skills to successfully lead and respond to a student body and community that is ethnically, culturally, economically and linguistically diverse
• Inspires a positive and professional environment that includes mutual trust, open communication and respect among all staff members, the community, and the school board
• Is a collaborative decision-maker/leader who actively seeks and considers input and explains significant District decisions to staff and the community
• Promotes trust and optimism, models high standards of integrity and personal performance, and practices a servant-leadership approach while being comfortable with vulnerability
• Is dedicated to being highly visible in classrooms, at events, and in the community
• Exhibits strong people and communication skills in speaking, writing and listening
• Understands the importance and benefits of engaging with the community, building relationships, and presenting a positive image of the district
• Develops and communicates a vision of an excellent and innovative education for a diverse district
• Is politically savvy and advocates for public education at the local, county, state, and federal levels
Salary and Benefits
• The salary range is $150,000 - $175,000
• Salary will be based on professional experience, education, skills and qualities
• Compensation includes a generous benefits package, including District-paid PERS contributions and a monthly District-paid TSA
Candidates must provide the following by the closing date to be considered:
1. Completed application through TalentEd Recruit and Hire
2. A letter of application stating personal qualifications, experiences and reasons for interest in the Bethel Superintendent position
3. A current and complete resume or CV
4. Three professional letters of recommendation
5. Contact information for three references
• Possess or have the ability to obtain an active Superintendent Administrator License through Teacher Standard and Practices Commission
• Successfully pass fingerprinting, criminal, Oregon Department of Education, and TSPC background checks
Candidates can direct questions about the position to Hank Harris, Human Capital Enterprises, at email@example.com.
Bilingual candidates and candidates experienced in working with bilingual students and families will receive preferential consideration.
CLOSING DATE: February 5, 2021